Can you help Me out?

46addict

Reaction score
So you fixed a wrecked car for $250? Very nice.

You won't make 450whp on 281 cubes. You'll need more cubes with max effort parts or boost to hit that.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also you don't boost hard on uni-body cars like this. I don't want a twisted frame coming back to haunt me.

I'm not the most in-tune with S197 happenings, but I've never heard of twisted frame from too much power.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not the most in-tune with S197 happenings, but I've never heard of twisted frame from too much power.

Yeah, where did you hear that from, OP? Body-on-frame cars are much more likely to twist, not a modern unibody.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also you don't boost hard on uni-body cars like this. I don't want a twisted frame coming back to haunt me.

:LMAO:

you got a lot to learn about these cars

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also I am 19 so my car insurance is just gonna kill me more if I go from a paid off mustang to a payment on a even faster mustang.

Paid for or not pair for does not matter to the insurance companies. Your rates will be high because of your age and the car you have chosen. Sucks but that's how it works. To the insurance companies you are high risk that will compound into a high risk car. In other words, whether you do or not, they expect you to race around like fool and crash at some point. Upon which they have to pay.

Last edited:

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
Paid for or not pair for does not matter to the insurance companies. Your rates will be high because of your age and the car you have chosen. Sucks but that's how it works. To the insurance companies you are high risk that will compound into a high risk car. In other words, whether you do or not, they expect you to race around like fool and crash at some point. Upon which they have to pay.

It does matter because you dont have to have full coverage when the car is paid for. They also take the value of the car into account, so a $15-20k coyote is going to have a higher rate then a $5-10k S197.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It does matter because you dont have to have full coverage when the car is paid for.

I suppose. Didn't think about it that way. But doing so would be foolish IMO. If the car is worth, say $9000, and he doesn't have full coverage and crashes it, he just pissed away a bunch of money. If it has full coverage it can get fixed or replaced.

They also take the value of the car into account, so a $15-20k coyote is going to have a higher rate then a $5-10k S197.

I suspect that is factored into the they "So what are you looking to insure?" question.

Regardless, his rates will still be high due to age and vehicle involved. And where he lives. And where it gets parked/stored.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or he could just title it and insure it under his dad's name since they seem close, then transfer it when he turns 25.

46addict

Reaction score
Or he could just title it and insure it under his dad's name since they seem close, then transfer it when he turns 25.

He can be on his dad's policy but insurance companies require every licensed driver in a household to be insured I'm pretty sure. This will jack up rates for his dad, but it won't be as expensive as him being on his own policy.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
In NY if you have a 16 year old in the house, licensed or not, your rates go up. Just happened to my brother. My nephew has a learners permit but no license yet.

Kitsune

Reaction score
I just love how this went from like car topics to car insurance for teenagers, lol! but I have my insurance through my dads name and am a legal driver for the car, I just pay the payments on it. Also about the uni-body thing, my dad and me have gone to the drag strip and have seen cars that make so much power that when they grip they twist the rear end and the rear frame of the car, hence why I don't want to kill the dam thing. I also have asked the local guys at the track for advice and it helped me in my vision for it, He had a 2005 mustang that he took the motor out of and stuffed a 408 ford BC and added dual turbos and can run the 6-7 sec quarter.(I honestly don't know the whole build he just told me he bought a 408 short-block and went to town with his pops)

Anyway thank you all for your post on this topic!!!!

Cheers everyone!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just love how this went from like car topics to car insurance for teenagers, lol! but I have my insurance through my dads name and am a legal driver for the car, I just pay the payments on it. Also about the uni-body thing, my dad and me have gone to the drag strip and have seen cars that make so much power that when they grip they twist the rear end and the rear frame of the car, hence why I don't want to kill the dam thing. I also have asked the local guys at the track for advice and it helped me in my vision for it, He had a 2005 mustang that he took the motor out of and stuffed a 408 ford BC and added dual turbos and can run the 6-7 sec quarter.(I honestly don't know the whole build he just told me he bought a 408 short-block and went to town with his pops)

Anyway thank you all for your post on this topic!!!!

Cheers everyone!
Jonah,

I have been reading all the post on your thread.
You know what buddy ???
I have come to the conclusion that you should do whatever it is you wish to do with your Mustang.
Then you will be just like the rest of us that have done the exact same thing and that's why some of us are so full of advise.

Jump in buddy with both feet and have at it. :clap:

Terry

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 2005-2014 Mustangs have huge torsional stiffness. It would take massive power with substantial traction to make them twist up. Foxbodies however, twist like pretzels.

But suspension has a lot to do with it as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back