car dies and now code 0430

077tango

Reaction score
Over the last few months my mustang will occasionally die when stopped, no spitting sputtering just dies. Thing is it starts right back up after turning the key off then on. Other then that car runs great. Went out a few minutes ago and check engine light came on, ran a diagnostic and getting code 0430 (bad cat..downstream o2 sensor, leaking or bad injector, exhaust leak...etc). Like I said the car runs great. Think the 0430 and dying are related?
Thanks

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I don't think so. The random engine stalling could be due to a failing crank position sensor.

Il31

Reaction score
Man, I don't know if it's related or not but I have an 07 expy and an 05 mustang. My expy started doing the EXACT same thing you're describing and it ended up being a throttle body issue. I changed the tp sensor, I cleaned the TB and I ordered a dorman TB rebuild kit. None of them helped until I actually put a "NEW" TB on it and it's ran fine ever since. I know it's an expedition but it's a 5.4 3v and a problem I chased through a complete (all new Ford) timing job, phasers, solinoids and HV Melling oil pump, Ford followers and lash adjusters. I even bought a junk yard ECM and paid Ford to reprogram it. I changed all the plugs, all the COP's and both cam sensors, Crank sensor, and O2 sensors. I ran some paint thinner thru the gas tank and all the while, a new throttle body fixed it. That may not be the same for the mustang. I've never had that prob with my 05 GT but sure Hope that helps....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back