Car gets to 100 and has a miss

Jizzle

Reaction score
Send me his site and that’s good power you made and I wanna get my block and everything done I want it to be a built 3v but I know it’s gonna take time so I’m just stacking money and preparing for it but 500 to the wheels would be good with me for now do you have your block done?

Jizzle

Reaction score
Ok cool I’m about to go check now and order it if they got it and thanks I’m about to check him out now thanks bro

Stevejr

Reaction score
I have a set of long tubes and a xpipe I dont think im gonna need. I live in Humbodt tn.

Laga

Reaction score
No, I had it tuned by Lito. He did 93 and e85, took a few revisions.
Sorry to hijack the thread, but does the E85 help with cooling down the IAT’s or is it just the high octane? I’m running an E-force at 8# with Kooks LT and Detroit Rocker cams. Lito tune for 93 pump and 100 race gas. My biggest problem is high IAT.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The IAT sensor won't see any cooling effect from E85 as the sensor is upstream of where the E85 is injected.
The E85 cools the charge as it enters the combustion chamber and is very resistant to detonation.

Jizzle

Reaction score
Quick question I have a tune already on my car if I order a new hand held can I clear the old tune off or is that not possible because I had the sct x3 but it was stolen and I’m about to order the x4 for new upgrades so I was wondering could I do that

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question I have a tune already on my car if I order a new hand held can I clear the old tune off or is that not possible because I had the sct x3 but it was stolen and I’m about to order the x4 for new upgrades so I was wondering could I do that[/QUOTE

You cannot "read" a tune from the car with SCT. You can't even pull a tune off the SCT device. (only delete it from the device)
You need that tune you have on your car emailed to you from the engine tuner that created it/tuned your car.

As for going to a new tuner without having the car returned to stock should be possible. I was able to get my car up and running without having my new pcm PMI'd with IDS.

You won't know till you try your new device. Worst case, you will need to have it flashed back to stock with IDS, but I don't think that will be needed.

Jizzle

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks and my tune came from sct also so it should work out I’m guessing I just didn’t know if I would be able to put it back to stock and then when I re-tune it put everything back including the new mods

Jizzle

Reaction score
Quick question I have a sct tune on my car but someone stole my old sct x3 handheld so I bought a new sct x4 handheld and I’m just wondering if I can return the car to stock with my new tuner or if it’s gone be a problem

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
did you save your stock tune to your PC? if you didn't you don't have a stock tune to return it too..............

the alternative would be to get a new stock tune from SCT (if they have one IDK) or have a dealer flash back to stock

Jizzle

Reaction score
Well could I take the new hand held and just add the new mods in on the tune or will it not work like that? I got new parts I’m getting put on so I’m just trying to make sure I’ll be able to tune it

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Depends on the dealers labor rate

07 Boss

Reaction score
You ought to be able to use your current tune as the stock tune on your new handheld if it's unmarried. I never returned my car to the stock tune and added multiple tunes on top of each other and even switched tuner brands. If I return my car to the "stock tune" in my handheld it would be an old Bama (original Bama before AM) tune. My stock tune is long gone.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back