Car gets to 100 and has a miss

Jizzle

Reaction score
wassup guys I have a 2005 3v and it runs great I have a sct tune basani x pipe flowmasters and cold air intake and the car ran really good for a long time but now it’s like when I get speed up to 100 it’s a bad miss I thought it needed a tune up so I bought all new msd coils and a set of motorcraft spark plugs and that still didn’t fix the problem and it has lost a lot of power I heard a rattle one day and it sounded like something came out of the exhaust pipe but I didn’t see anything when I got out and checked but it has lost a lot of power since then and I heard some ticking also which sounded like a lifter so I was going to buy all new lifters and rocker arms I wanna do some upgrades but I wanna fix the problem first but I can’t figure out what it is and it has 109k on the mileages

Jizzle

Reaction score
Thanks I was thinking about that too and I been wanting to get them cut but what would I have to get to keep the check engine light to go off?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Jizzle

Reaction score
Ok cool thanks but where do those go this is my first time hearing of those

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Between the rear o2s and the bungs they go into. You'll likely need 2 per side. And you'll have to drill one of them out so that the o2 will screw into it. I did this on mine when I removed my cats, but the light still came on after a few hundred miles. That's why I suggested a tune from Lito.

Jizzle

Reaction score
Ok thanks I’ll hit him up are his prices reasonable and I got a Bama tune on it already you think his would be better than that?

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I think this is correct:

1. Bolt on's: 100.00
  2. Cams: 150.00
  3. Boosted: 300.00
And yes, I have used bama before, and compared to my current Lito tune, Lito is way, way better.

Jizzle

Reaction score
Ok thanks so I’ll have to buy a handheld to use it right? Somebody stole my other one and do you know where I can get some long tubes from they can be used I just want some in good condition

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah you'll need a tuner. Lito uses SCT stuff, so I'd suggest an x4. I'm not sure about headers. I have the Pypes kit with X pipe, and I like them a lot, but they are like 700 bucks I think.

Jizzle

Reaction score
I already have a x pipe I was lookin at the bbq headers they are 600 and the pypes are $603 what all you got done to yours

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I like the Pypes a lot, they look great and fit great, but I have no experience with the bbk's, so I can't speak to that. Are your sure your current x pipe will work with long tubes? Might want to check that.

Mine just has Detroit rocker sc cams, headers and DOB manifold/m122 blower, that's basically it.

Jizzle

Reaction score
I got a basani x pipe and I’m glad you said that I need to check on that and how much was your blower setup I want a power adder I was thinking about going turbo but I kinda want a sc I’m really torn between the two how much hp you putting down? What your 1/4 time I’m trying to get in the 10s I know I gotta spend some money to get there but I’ll do it fasho I want it fast

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not even sure of an exact price on my particular setup, but Jason (owner of DOB) usually sells a complete kit for about 4k or so. Check his website out and email him for the latest price. Never driven a turbo car with this kind of power, but with the SC it's a ton of fun. Mine made 460 hp and 440 tq to the wheels when I had it Dyno tuned, but I have put it on e85 since then, so I'd like to think it's a few more.

I have no idea what my 1/4 mile would be, but I'd suspect high to mid 11s with a good tire. You probably aren't going to get into the 10s on a 3v without building the block, as the rods are only good for around 450 whp.

Jizzle

Reaction score
My x pipe not gone work so that’s another 500 I gotta spend Where did you order your pipes kit did it come with the x pipe and headers? If so I’ll just order that kit

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back