Cat or not?

Murphj01

Reaction score
The shops around here (there are a lot of Mustangs in Ga.) that work on Mustangs always have some used stock mufflers laying around. You could check local. The ones here are cheap since there is little demand. Good luck.

Joe2006

Reaction score
They should be fine. If you are interested I can send you pics via message later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I think I am going to wait until spring to pull the trigger on anything. The roads almost dried up and then it snowed again today. Oh well.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The FRPP FRS-500 SS mufflers I have on my 2010 GT, (10-12), have tips that are 1" longer... vs the 05-09 FRPP FRS-500 SS mufflers. Sound was good, superb. Oem mufflers were quiet as a mouse.

Once the JBA LT's went in, it was way too loud, and bad drone at 1900-2000 rpm. So in went the pypes M80 resonators, just b4 rear axle, problem solved. Drone almost gone, and acceptable sound level.

An edit . I also installed the JBA catted H midsection + LT's at same time. Got busted by local cops for..."way too loud". He was ready to have the car impounded. Ordered the pair of M80's that night. Story I got was the hi-flow catted H section was the culprit for excess volume.

After the M80's installed, it now has this sub sonic tone to it at idle. Other's have noticed the same thing with the M80's in same config. A large empty cardboard box, held by one corner of one flap,... box will vibrate just off to each side of back end of car.

Last edited:

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
The FRPP FRS-500 SS mufflers I have on my 2010 GT, (10-12), have tips that are 1" longer... vs the 05-09 FRPP FRS-500 SS mufflers. Sound was good, superb. Oem mufflers were quiet as a mouse.

Once the JBA LT's went in, it was way too loud, and bad drone at 1900-2000 rpm. So in went the pypes M80 resonators, just b4 rear axle, problem solved. Drone almost gone, and acceptable sound level.

At one point I had my stock mufflers with an off road x-pipe. Way too much rasp!
Then with my kooks LTs with off-road H pipe. It sounded great! But I needed it a little louder so I put on some Flowmasters w/12” cherry bombs for resonators. It’s perfect now imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back