Centri vs Turbo

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Honestly marc is over working that d1 and would pick up alot more hp/tq down low with an f series blower at his level.

I partially agree with you Lightblabe. I don't believe that I am over working the D1. However, smaller pulleys yield very little gains because I have reached the CFM limits of the head even though I have not reached the RPM limits.

I do agree that a F1 would see bigger peak gains and improvement under the curve due to the increased step up ratio. However, the only reason I don't change is due to the fact that I have more power than I can put down and my IAT's are so low, I don't dare make any changes that may negatively affect that.

No matter how you look at it apples to apples...apples to oranges...Turbos>S.C...

I also agree with you. When I bought the D1, I never had any plans to exceed 500whp. Knowing what I know now, I would have went straight to turbos and never looked back. I also should have kept the turbo system that you now own.

My reason for posting my dyno sheet was so people wouldn't believe all the BS about centris not being able to make any torque under the curve. If setup correctly, and with a strong bottom end, they can and will make big power under the curve. That all being said, there can be no question in anybodys mind that a turbo will always make more HP/TQ than any supercharger. If anybody argues that, they are living in a false reality.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
Mexico lol. We're not roll racing jr.
O were not???:omfg:

Well if you get your lazy unemloyed ass up and get on the road you might make it by Fri and SAR is open....
I partially agree with you Lightblabe. I don't believe that I am over working the D1. However, smaller pulleys yield very little gains because I have reached the CFM limits of the head even though I have not reached the RPM limits.

I do agree that a F1 would see bigger peak gains and improvement under the curve due to the increased step up ratio. However, the only reason I don't change is due to the fact that I have more power than I can put down and my IAT's are so low, I don't dare make any changes that may negatively affect that.

I also agree with you. When I bought the D1, I never had any plans to exceed 500whp. Knowing what I know now, I would have went straight to turbos and never looked back. I also should have kept the turbo system that you now own.

My reason for posting my dyno sheet was so people wouldn't believe all the BS about centris not being able to make any torque under the curve. If setup correctly, and with a strong bottom end, they can and will make big power under the curve. That all being said, there can be no question in anybodys mind that a turbo will always make more HP/TQ than any supercharger. If anybody argues that, they are living in a false reality.
I appreciate you hooking me up with the kit...I just knew you were gonna keep it for your self lol specially @ the price!! Your car is killer though marc you have one of the best working centri cars no doubt.:beerchug2:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
O were not???:omfg:

Well if you get your lazy unemloyed ass up and get on the road you might make it by Fri and SAR is open....

I appreciate you hooking me up with the kit...I just knew you were gonna keep it for your self lol specially @ the price!! Your car is killer though marc you have one of the best working centri cars no doubt.:beerchug2:

If only you knew what I did...

ChicagolandMustang Club.

Since you are from IL, I figured you'd be on that site too.

I'll check it out here in a little bit.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
^Xactly WE ALL know he isn't gonna drive 22hrs to lose $2k....

Well ive been trying to PM you so we don't clutter up this thread anymore but haven't gotten any back...Hope you weren't injured and that is why you are unemployed...If so I hope it is from all the meds you are taking that is causing you to be so delusional and irrational.:poke:

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
No sir havent even got but 40 miles on the turbo kit on the stock motor and don't even have the car back with the new motor. Thats what I was telling white05GT in PM that I would be more than happy to race him when the car is 100%. Once I get the car back I will be making my way to the track with ol redbaron to use my 15s I haven't even used.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Not alot of guys do these setups so they are stuck with a pulley that only makes max boost at redline and so low end hp and max tq suffer.

See... thats why I bought the itty bitty P1 because I knew I was going to maximize the red line at lower rpm during my boost curve... .... :idea:

Since everyone is throwing down the challenges, I challenging you and your on3 1/2 turbo system in your almost screaming yellow in low light car. If you win you get my 2 year old thats at my feet throwing a shit fit. :beerchug2:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See... thats why I bought the itty bitty P1 because I knew I was going to maximize the red line at lower rpm during my boost curve... .... :idea:

Since everyone is throwing down the challenges, I challenging you and your on3 1/2 turbo system in your almost screaming yellow in low light car. If you win you get my 2 year old thats at my feet throwing a shit fit. :beerchug2:

Is that english? lol

gtmiller1001

forum member
Reaction score
Hahaha CPR has removed a helllion kit...Tire was rubbing on the wastegate I believe...

Get a nice hacksaw to chop up your k member lolz

Again, first hand comments would be amazing! Rubbing on the WG?? The one that sits basically inside the corner of the bumper?? I'm thinking it would probably have an issue rubbing some of the piping...

I read the instructions and they state that you CAN modify (very slightly) the k member brace for more clearance, not cut the actual k member itself. They could be referring to the k member as a "brace", not really sure.

Either way, yet again the actual ? Is not answered by anyone with any first hand experience, just a reference to someone else who has first hand experience but just happens to be a vendor designing a kit to compete with this one.

At this point I don't give a fuck anymore, too many Internet geniuses answering questions they don't have first hand knowledge about. Bottom line is I was even more inclined to get the damn kit so I could post up some REAL first hand impressions being a general consumer and not a vendor or competing company. Money is spent and there's no going back now.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Is that english? lol

Thats how Dom and I roll.......yo

1294835473_2ea5907b-6420-4fce-b506-f5fb5dd0915a.jpg

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Again, first hand comments would be amazing! Rubbing on the WG?? The one that sits basically inside the corner of the bumper?? I'm thinking it would probably have an issue rubbing some of the piping...

I read the instructions and they state that you CAN modify (very slightly) the k member brace for more clearance, not cut the actual k member itself. They could be referring to the k member as a "brace", not really sure.

Either way, yet again the actual ? Is not answered by anyone with any first hand experience, just a reference to someone else who has first hand experience but just happens to be a vendor designing a kit to compete with this one.

At this point I don't give a fuck anymore, too many Internet geniuses answering questions they don't have first hand knowledge about. Bottom line is I was even more inclined to get the damn kit so I could post up some REAL first hand impressions being a general consumer and not a vendor or competing company. Money is spent and there's no going back now.

I am glad that you did what you felt best with in the end. I hope that when you do get the kit and it is installed that you do give completely honest feedback on it. I did give you my opinions on a centri vs turbo car(although not that impressive of cars on either). I am trying to find the post on corral that someone put this kit on their car and gave real life experience on without any bs. I believe some of the members here borrowed pics from that thread over there, but you get a great deal more by reading it from the actual person that wrote it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back