CHE rocks!

mvon919

Everwaken
Reaction score
After installing Rear Axle brace few weeks ago, it really made the car much more solid, I ordered CHE K-member brace with Tq-limiters from Powerhouse411 too and Installed it yesterday. All I can say that CHE stuff is great! Great quality and fit.

The only problem I had was that my tranny cooling lines were pretty much blocking the other tq-brace mount so I needed to bent them away a little, but it still was a bitch to install.... my car is feels super solid now with CHE bracing and Saleen Racecraft suspension... I'm still thinking getting LCAs... I have no wheel hop, so I won't be needing anti-squats.

IMO bracing is a MUST for supercharged cars...

mvon919

Everwaken
Reaction score
Tips... rear axle brace; don't tighten anything down before you've drilled all holes and have bolts and nuts in every hole. The left side top pumpkin nut is hard to tighten, but it'll help if you remove the fill bolt at this point.
Use thread locker in every nut/bolt.

K-member; same thing... have all nuts and bolts in all holes and then tighten them down accordingly. First the big bolts, then rear 17mm bolts. Use thread locker.

tq-limiters; screw the limiter bushing and rod end all the way down, screw the limiter on each side until the bolt goes in easily through the rod end into tranny... finally, by eye, check you have approximately same amount of threads showing from both side tq-limiters and tighten the nuts to prevent tq-limiter to stay in length.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will second that. I have the K member brace and torque limiters and the CHE stuff does rock!

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will second that. I have the K member brace and torque limiters and the CHE stuff does rock!
Chuck at CHE is awesome. Super helpful and friendly. After buying my first CHE product (Axle Brace), I never stopped! As of now I'm running the following CHE parts:

CHE Axle Brace
CHE K-Member Support w/ Torque Limiters
CHE Driveshaft Loop
CHE Adjustable Upper Control Arms
CHE Fixed Lower Control Arms
CHE LCA Relocation Brackets
CHE Adjustable Panhard Bar
CHE Panhard Bar Brace

Cdvision

Whipple Club
Reaction score
Chuck at CHE is awesome. Super helpful and friendly.
+1 on that. Plus they make excellent parts.:clap:
I've got the CHE UCA's,LCA,anti squat brackets and the k-member with torque limiters.

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting. I already have an axle brace but the k-member brace might be a future purchase if it can be made to work with the BMR K-member.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like it better too.... that's the one for me... LOL it just looks better under there than yours does...

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have alot of Steeda parts. After finding this post. I think I might change some parts to CHE. Thanks guys.

I've got to agree. A year or so ago it seemed to me they were just copying BMR. I'm glad they are out there making S197 parts.

Last edited:

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're not advocating changing out BMR for CHE are you? I haven't had a lick of problems with mine...

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're not advocating changing out BMR for CHE are you? I haven't had a lick of problems with mine...

no no no ! I don't want it to seem that way either! I better re-read my posts... sorry.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no no no ! I don't want it to seem that way either! I better re-read my posts... sorry.

No worrys, I just wanted to keep it straight. I have heard nothing but good things about CHE... but then I have had nothing but good things to say about my own BMR stuff... I wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing anything...

stlwagon

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the axle brace this past week and it made an immediate, noticeable difference.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back