Cheap short throw shifter

1fastTbird

forum member
Reaction score
Throwing out an FYI for anyone searching for deal on a shifter: I was able to buy a brand new Roush short throw shifter from Roush Overstock on EBay for $60 (they have some left.) I wasn't searching for the "best"; sometimes all I want is "good enough."

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder how much difference reusing the stock bushing is compared to the poly (I'm guessing here) bushing that doesn't come with it?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My experience with the OEM shifter in the '05 I had was poor enough to strongly push me toward something like the Blowfish (I think) shifter mount that divorces the shifter from the chassis and ties it back to the crossmember. They didn't have this when I had my car or I would have run it.

That semi-remote mount deal was a mistake IMO.

https://lmr.com/item/SSB-07-500/mus...00?year=2005&gclid=CN3tjo3Ss9ICFUSBswodH2YDxQ

I had a MGW, but sold the car before it got installed.

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Knock on wood, I love my shifter. I just like the way a Roush/Hurst shifter arm looks. Not $140 like, but I like em.

1fastTbird

forum member
Reaction score
Wonder how much difference reusing the stock bushing is compared to the poly (I'm guessing here) bushing that doesn't come with it?

Energy Suspension and Prothane have bushing kits for $12-$20. I'm going to upgrade the front bushing with the Energy Suspension kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back