Check engine light

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
Good to know on the NTK/NGK parts, thanks. I had an issue finding the right sensor, apparently ford changed midstream in manufacturing, the sensors changed in March of 2011, mine was built in December 2010, so Leary about buying online and having the wrong one sent to me

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
Pins on the male plug are fine, I checked them several times while replacing the sensor

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know on the NTK/NGK parts, thanks. I had an issue finding the right sensor, apparently ford changed midstream in manufacturing, the sensors changed in March of 2011, mine was built in December 2010, so Leary about buying online and having the wrong one sent to me
Sounds like you are going to the dealership then.

Rockauto sensors cost me $45 ish each.

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
Are the voltage parameters different on lower end sensors? That would make sense to me for it throwing a false code. Are the parameters tighter on NTK and Motorcraft sensors? I found a motorcraft sensor on rock auto that is the right one, but already spent money for the other two sensors and don’t want to spend if it’s another issue. Jgt58?

Jgt58

Reaction score
Always if you can go with motorcraft replacement. Let me verify via my parts lookup. I'll screenshot

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jgt58

Reaction score
First I want to say I was incorrect. Bosch is the actual or manufacturer. Here your correct part numbers.
ffcb713fc7919f8ec05238b2c32592cc.jpg

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
No just bank 2, but that’s the one the code is coming from via the code reader

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
That’s what I thought, I exchanged it yesterday for another new one and installed. I thought I had it beat until I drove it both highway and city for about an hour with no light. Let it cool for about two hours and started it in the driveway. After about a minute idling the CEL lit back up and is showing the same code

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I would change the other side too. I only had the code on one side, but changed them both.
Or, swap the two upstream sensors and see what happens.

Jgt58

Reaction score
I would change the other side too. I only had the code on one side, but changed them both.
Or, swap the two upstream sensors and see what happens.
Juice is correct. Next step would be to swap out the sensors and see if the code jumps sides.

If it doesn't it may be the connector. I'll dig up the motorcraft number.

Jgt58

Reaction score
Here ya go on the connectors
4a8c7f2db7e070fd719748601287e941.jpg

Jerry Donnell

Reaction score
I’m also assuming both upstreams are the same, if I switch them and the code disappears, is there an issue with just leaving it alone?

Jgt58

Reaction score
My prediction is that code stays the same and that it's a wiring issue

Back