Chevykiller Reloaded

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I understand it. For example, I figured out with how much my car weighs, that I would need 650rwhp to run in the 9s. So 650 would be my goal if I wanted to run the # at the track. As it turns out I am at 604 and have ran a 10.27, so the #'s can be useful.

By the way I am going to the PSCA event, temps look to be 92 degrees for Saturday, not great, but doable.
Actually, your goal was to run 9s.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And if he had the extra 50rwhp he figured it would take, he would probably meet his goal. Psfracer did exactly what I am referring to, it's not the same as going to the track but it will get you close to your goal.

Branomano08BlackBullitt

Soaking Up The Knowledge
Reaction score
lol Don.. your stubborn ain't ya? lol numbers are def a "mines bigger then yours thing" but who doesn't like playing the "mine is bigger then yours game"? Espeically when yours is the biggest lol.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
enough of this teasing stuff, its not the damn space shuttle!! But it might be as fast..:evillaugh:

don_w

Reaction score
And if he had the extra 50rwhp he figured it would take, he would probably meet his goal. Psfracer did exactly what I am referring to, it's not the same as going to the track but it will get you close to your goal.
And you can achieve the same thing by shedding weight, optimizing the suspension, etc. There are a helluva lot of slow high horsepower cars out there, an they don't impress me one bit.

... who doesn't like playing the "mine is bigger then yours game"?
I don't...

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And you can achieve the same thing by shedding weight, optimizing the suspension, etc. There are a helluva lot of slow high horsepower cars out there, an they don't impress me one bit.

Hey, I think I am doing pretty good with a 10.27 with only 604rwhp. I have already removed everything that I want to remove, so, since I have the best suspension set up in the world, the only other thing I can do is step up a little bit to reach the goal, which I figured out to be 650rwhp.

Is it finished yet?

Yeah, is it? PSCA tomorrow?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn those hairdryers on the CK are LOUD!!

Is it tuned???

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, I think I am doing pretty good with a 10.27 with only 604rwhp. I have already removed everything that I want to remove, so, since I have the best suspension set up in the world, the only other thing I can do is step up a little bit to reach the goal, which I figured out to be 650rwhp.
You could go on a diet.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
damn those hairdryers on the CK are LOUD!!

Is it tuned???

It's not the hairdryers you here - it's the FANS! Amazing how good the fans work when you throw 19 volts at them...:beerdrink:

19V alt FTW!!!

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, I thought those were the turbo's too. Interesting though, I have a set of fans I'm going to put on with the new heat exchanger, I wonder if they will be loud too.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
its smoking??????

glad to see its on the rollers

don_w

Reaction score
Zackly my point. You are a perfect example why dyno numbers don't mean shit. You have lightened the car and optimized the suspension, and do more with less. To me, that is clearly the best way to go.

These guys that think a 600 or 700 rwhp (or more) street car is a goal, are just kidding themselves. Running something like that on a daily basis on pump gas is iffy at best, and then there is the whole issue of traction (or lack thereof). I save my 600+ set up for the track, and then dial it way down for the street.

Just my $0.02...

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha, I thought those were the turbo's too. Interesting though, I have a set of fans I'm going to put on with the new heat exchanger, I wonder if they will be loud too.

Not with 12V volts to them. It's the 19V that makes them spin like crazy, not the fans themselves.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back