Clay barred the car for the first time - Wow!!

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Yup the second ones are them. You should join the detailers club. $50 per year but you'll save that on one order. They carry everything you need other than the griots and I guarantee it'll be better priced

rambln3v

Reaction score
Yeah only buy from autogeek when there is free shipping. Actually you can probably google the coupon code. I bet you'd have fun on that truck haha. You'd might be surprised what you can do to bring it back. Given there's still some clear left.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
^ yeah... what he said. I too use the Griots DA. Totally worth the money and lifetime warranty. And the Lake country pads are awesome. Simple trio and easy to remember. Cyan = Cut. Tangerine = Polish. Crimson = Finish. The v-line polishes from Chemical guys are good. I used those on my car. I warn you... you will get roped into the high end detailing product fetish so beware lol. Menzerna makes some good polishes but they have a ton of them and sometimes is hard to know which combo you need specifically. Unless you get their 4500. It's a finishing (jewelers polish) works extremely well but diminishes quickly.

You speak truth... I've been roped in and now seek perfection lol. It's an addiction. But end results are worth it...

6A1E520C-8752-4148-8FF8-BF3E9755023D-15758-000007297DEFF024.jpg

4C376417-474A-4186-8A01-E7B21013CC01-15758-00000729820C05E4.jpg

:thumb2:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah only buy from autogeek when there is free shipping. Actually you can probably google the coupon code. I bet you'd have fun on that truck haha. You'd might be surprised what you can do to bring it back. Given there's still some clear left.

Haha. The chance of any clear left on that truck is probably impossible. At this point I actually wash it with a brillow pad. Most of the blue has color faded off the hood showing the white below. The blue on the roof has faded showing the primer and/bare steel.

What's this $50 club? Not seeing a link on the Autogeek site. Is it a forum affiliation/discount/etc.??

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Haha. The chance of any clear left on that truck is probably impossible. At this point I actually wash it with a brillow pad. Most of the blue has color faded off the hood showing the white below. The blue on the roof has faded showing the primer and/bare steel.

What's this $50 club? Not seeing a link on the Autogeek site. Is it a forum affiliation/discount/etc.??

Autoality and Detailers Club are affiliated with each other.

$50/year for Detailer's club gives pretty good discounts, plus your detailers club account gives 10% off at autoality and can stack with other coupon codes like scsmember which is another 10% off.

Detailers club is typically varying discounts which are usually just a few % over cost. You end up making the money back quick.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score

No its seperate. go to detailersclub.com you won't be able to see the discounts til you join but they are great! A lot of things are 30-50% off the listed price

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
Is an electric polisher really necessary. I think in most cases just a clay and sealant and you are good. I used to use zaino with all the steps now just clay and meguiars nxt 2.0 and comes out great. That truck and really old vehicles are a different story but your cars finish looks nice

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Is an electric polisher really necessary. I think in most cases just a clay and sealant and you are good. I used to use zaino with all the steps now just clay and meguiars nxt 2.0 and comes out great. That truck and really old vehicles are a different story but your cars finish looks nice

If you want to keep the swirls in the clear coat then no a polisher is not needed.

Products like Zaino and NXT 2.0 have fillers in them. After a few washes the defects keep coming back.

Zaino has a zombie like marketing scheme where they try to convince people the more applications of product the better appearance. When in fact this is false. The term layering has been proven to be a scam. Basically what they are tricking you into doing is essentially putting on a new bandaid often.

Now if you use an actual DA and remove your defects, feel free to use the product of your choice.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
OK. So, to start.....

DA
Meguiar's M101, M105, M205
Sonax Full Effect
Lake Country Pads (Cyan, Crimson, Tangerine)

What else?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
OK. So, to start.....

DA
Meguiar's M101, M105, M205
Sonax Full Effect
Lake Country Pads (Cyan, Crimson, Tangerine)

What else?

You can skip M101 unless you have some pretty terrible defects. M105 is very very stout.

You should look at the detailing procedure sticky on this forum, it has a lot of good links to some good overall products.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
You can skip M101 unless you have some pretty terrible defects. M105 is very very stout.

You should look at the detailing procedure sticky on this forum, it has a lot of good links to some good overall products.

OK. Yeah, I don't think the finish is horribly bad, although if I wanted to do that truck it might even take more than M101. :)

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Definitely pick up some kind of sealant too. The best ones they offer on Detailers club are probably the Optimum Poliseal and optiseal combo (what I use), the Chemical Guys Blacklight & V07 combo, or the Menzerna Powerlock.

Also could get a carnuba based wax to top it with. It really depends on what you are looking for as far as gloss and durability.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I use CG's Creme Glaze after polishing with V38, than I use CG's Hybrid V07 and lay CG's Caranuba Wax +X Seal.
I would look into getting a glaze.

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but the thing with polishing is each time you do it you are stripping away the clear coat on your car so that its now a thinner layer on top of you paint and eventually its all gone. Is it really worse to just keep filling in minor swirls with sealants leaving the clear coat fully intact at its full thickness? I think modern synthetic sealants like nxt 2.0 or zaino last longer then a few washes. And its fairly easy to reapply often. Now if you get to a point where there is major defects and really bad swirls where it looks like your car has spider webs all over it in the sun thats different. But this guy was saying wow after just a claying. Also I think its funny every one always recommends all these more expensive botique brands and never the big names like meguiars, mothers, 3m etc. Many of you are perfectionists who get a bit extreme on something that doesnt have to be so complicated or expensive. Just mho.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying but the thing with polishing is each time you do it you are stripping away the clear coat on your car so that its now a thinner layer on top of you paint and eventually its all gone. Is it really worse to just keep filling in minor swirls with sealants leaving the clear coat fully intact at its full thickness? I think modern synthetic sealants like nxt 2.0 or zaino last longer then a few washes. And its fairly easy to reapply often. Now if you get to a point where there is major defects and really bad swirls where it looks like your car has spider webs all over it in the sun thats different. But this guy was saying wow after just a claying. Also I think its funny every one always recommends all these more expensive botique brands and never the big names like meguiars, mothers, 3m etc. Many of you are perfectionists who get a bit extreme on something that doesnt have to be so complicated or expensive. Just mho.

NXT does not last longer than a few washes, and it's fillers go away even quicker. Zaino's protection lasts quite awhile but its fillers also do not last.

Brands like chemical guys are not more expensive than meguiars or zaino.

Using a DA to polish a vehicle's clear coat is not unsafe nor will it dramatically reduce the amount of clear coat on a vehicle. It would take you polishing your car once a week for a year or so to wear through it using a DA and foam pads.

Using just a filler is ok if you are not willing to purchase the proper tools to rectify the situation. Fillers also will not look as good as a freshly polished vehicle as fillers do not retain the proper luster.

A lot of folks do a good annual or twice a year polishing and use glazes as maintenance but to be an enthusiast and just use a filler is half assing it.

Products like zaino are considered to be mainly marketing and there are plenty of products that eclipse it's performance for the same or less in price.

The Hybrid V07 is a sealent

I am well aware, as I have countless threads in regards to the product. How your post was structured it sounded like you were applying an actual sealant on top of a carnauba wax which is a big no no. V7 is fine though.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Oh ok. No, definitely laying the sealant down after applying the glaze. I apply the Caranuba last :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back