Cleaned up my GT this weekend

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I used my old trusty Rotary Makita with some 6.5" LC pads.
Washed it with Poor Boys citrus
Clay bar'd
Orange cutting with Meguiars 105
Then Tangerine with Meguiars ultra polish
Then I applied one coat of Poorboys EX sealant by hand since I failed to order the right pad.

Pics...

1321231934.jpg

1321231933.jpg

1321231970.jpg

1321231972.jpg

1321231931.jpg

I ordered a black pad yesterday and plan on applying the second coat of sealer one night this week then a coat of Natty Blue.

any suggestions on covering up the stone chips without making it look worse?

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
That car is beautiful. Nice job.

As for rock chips, they are hard to deal with on a light metallic car. The Motorcraft paint will do the job, but don't try to "brush" it on - put one appropriately sized glob in the chip and try to just let it flow. Then you can come back and carefully sand and polish the area. Even a good job will still look like touched up rock chips on close inspection.

The right way is to have them sanded out and the part repainted, but that's a lot of work and expense on something that will likely get chipped again.

Rock chips just suck...

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
That car is beautiful. Nice job.

As for rock chips, they are hard to deal with on a light metallic car. The Motorcraft paint will do the job, but don't try to "brush" it on - put one appropriately sized glob in the chip and try to just let it flow. Then you can come back and carefully sand and polish the area. Even a good job will still look like touched up rock chips on close inspection.

The right way is to have them sanded out and the part repainted, but that's a lot of work and expense on something that will likely get chipped again.

Rock chips just suck...

I was thinking of doing that as a for now fix. I don't have the extra $$ to have the front end repainted. Plus, it's my DD so it will just get beat again. Maybe one day when I have the money I will get it repainted and clearbra'd.

Thanks for the compliment too. I still have to apply a second coat of sealant (waiting on black pad to get here) then a coat or two of Natty Blue.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Vista really is such a beautiful color, especially freshly detailed!

merk

forum member
Reaction score
One of my fav colors man. Looks great. Dr scratch are whatever its call works pretty well on small chips. You can pick it up for around 50 bucks.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It's been a while since I wielded a buffer so i'm glad it turned out so well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back