clutch problems... RAM

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
So i have a ram single disc clutch/fw. It worked fine for a couple months, thought always grabbed low. Recently it started having major problems where it would continue to grip even though the clutch pedal was in all the way. The guy doing the install spoke with ram and they advised to put in a spacer, he did that and did some other stuff they suggested, but it still doing the same thing. Anyone seen this? I'm thinknig about ditching it and going with spec... not happy...

UPDATE, the new slave failed within 3 months, this was NOT a CLUTCH ISSUE

Last edited:

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
either the tob is going out or you need another spacer behind the tob. if its grabbing the clutch is working right but what is actuating it isn't... i bet its hard to put into 1st and reverse too.

i ended up putting in a RAM tob in mine with my centerforce clutch and love it, but i probably could have just done with a spacer behind the stock tob.

Last edited:

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
the trans is going to have to come out either way. i destroyed a syncronizer before i figured it out. the cheapest route would be to get a new tob(to be sure) and another shim to go behind it.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I have a Ram Powerhouse clutch, pressure plate. Installed it last year. I used there measurment sheet, and installed a 1/8" shim. Works great.

08nastygt

forum member
Reaction score
Bad tob I bet. I didn't replace mine when I did my clutch about 3k miles later it went out. And I only had 14k on my car. Now with the new tob its great.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I have had the single disc Ram Powergrip HD in my car for a year. It has held up to more abuse than it should have. FWIW, I have the spacer in mine.

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
update. replaced the slave and all is well. Not a clutch issue, potentially the original installer's fault because if I remember they did not use a spacer...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back