Cobra jet cold air options?

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys I tried searching and couldnt find any answers. I see alot of talk about the manifolds. Im doing a coyote swap in a notchback. I bought a 16 crate motor from a guy with 2k miles. I have the cj intake mani, frpp twin tb, bbk swap headers. I want to make 450whp plus. So my final piece to the puzzle is the cold air. I see options are jlt, ford racing or rev auto. Just seeing is there is a clear cut winner between the 3. From pictures the ret auto looks the best with ford racing second and jlt third. But the rev auto cold air is like 450$$. Which is a little crazy. Hopefully I can get some info looking to have a mid 10 second street car with a stalled 6r80. Should be a sweet combo! Thank you

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Of the ones I have seen, I liked the rev auto the best and it seemed to be the best choice performance wise. But it is pricey.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
fastest N/A Coyote's seem to stick with the stock air box

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you are adding the CJ intake then the CJ CAI is a must, I used Rev Auto's with the single blade TB.

E85/47# injectors will get you close to 450.

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
I figured with it being a 15+ and a cj set up it will be possible. So try to get the ford racing one or rev auto. Thank you for the info.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The FB coyote forums have them for sale often, check on there.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
You could run an '10 Airaid too, only need a new hose.

Edit: as this is a swap, you can use basically any 3V CAI you want too (as long as you change the hose), a non'10 may help if you run into space issues, the airaid is a single rounded bend (which tends to be better) but needs more space to fit.

Last edited:

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
No need for a CJ to go fast on a stock long block N/A car. I have put several in the 10's on stock airbox with Boss intake. ;)

degmidget

forum member
Reaction score
Im not saying you cant go 10s with out it. But the cj makes the most power and has gone the fastest. I know on a na set up your not talking about alot of power difference but I got a good deal on the intake mani and tb. And just want to make the most of my set up. Which fb forums do you follow. Im on coyote swap foxbodys, anything coyote, and one other one. Thx everyone

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Im not saying you cant go 10s with out it. But the cj makes the most power and has gone the fastest. I know on a na set up your not talking about alot of power difference but I got a good deal on the intake mani and tb. And just want to make the most of my set up. Which fb forums do you follow. Im on coyote swap foxbodys, anything coyote, and one other one. Thx everyone

Only 3 I am aware of that have gone quicker/faster than my personal car using the Boss and they were lighter, in better conditions and are all using FTW fuel (I was using all stock fuel system with inferior fuel).

I ran both intakes on my car with numerous combos and all of the data pointed to no difference between the two at the track. Literally 0 difference.

The Boss will be easier for your tuner to work with as well. IMO I would sell the CJ stuff, get a used Boss intake/stock TB and invest the extra money in the chassis/driveline.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
wbt, what are primary differences between your car and Joe Savarinos car that goes mid 10's on the stock IM?

I assume he is lighter, and likely uses better fuel? DA likely better too?

Just curious.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
wbt, what are primary differences between your car and Joe Savarinos car that goes mid 10's on the stock IM?

I assume he is lighter, and likely uses better fuel? DA likely better too?

Just curious.

Post some details. Does his car have all the required safety equip? What DA was he in? What track and conditions? What does it weigh? What fuel was he using?

I went a 6.75 in the 1/8th with the stock intake manifold on my car before moving back to the Boss where it went 10.56 (6.74 in the 1/8th). Only other changes were gear/tire however the final ratio were similar between the two combos. Similar conditions both outings.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back