Congratulations to Chevykiller for getting in the 9's

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo I bought this weekend. Sorry to post in your thread Mark, but I did not run 9s yet so I don't get my own. lol

Attachments

• car2 (Large).jpg
    car2 (Large).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 23

nmeofdst82

STY RMY
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You do know that RT has no effect on ET... right?
I always thought the time started from when the light was at .000 and stopped when you hit the traps. Or does your ET start from after you move until the traps? I"ll admit I don't know for sure, so which is it?

I guess what I'm asking is...If you sit at the light for lets say..10 secs while you change the radio and send a text to your girl, then take off and 9.5 secs later hit the traps...is your ET 9.5 or 19.5?

Or am I thinking about bracket racing and how its timed. You gotta cut me some slack, I've only been to the track 4 times.

Last edited:

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I always thought the time started from when the light was at .000 and stopped when you hit the traps. Or does your ET start from after you move until the traps?

The ET clocks starts as soon as the stage beam reconnects when your roll out of the beams. This is independent of reaction time, which is the time difference between the stage light reconnecting and the green light coming on.

So yes you could sit on the tree after green and text your gf for 10 seconds and that time would have zero impact on your ET (you may get funny looks from the track officials).

In bracket racing, reaction time is equally important as running your dial, since the goal is to get to the finish line first while staying on or above your dial. If you are slower off the tree than your opponent, then the difference between your RT and his RT is the amount of time you are giving him to get to the finish line first.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Here is a photo I bought this weekend. Sorry to post in your thread Mark, but I did not run 9s yet so I don't get my own. lol
I love that pic, Ken!

I always thought the time started from when the light was at .000 and stopped when you hit the traps. Or does your ET start from after you move until the traps? I"ll admit I don't know for sure, so which is it?

I guess what I'm asking is...If you sit at the light for lets say..10 secs while you change the radio and send a text to your girl, then take off and 9.5 secs later hit the traps...is your ET 9.5 or 19.5?

Or am I thinking about bracket racing and how its timed. You gotta cut me some slack, I've only been to the track 4 times.

The ET clocks starts as soon as the stage beam reconnects when your roll out of the beams. This is independent of reaction time, which is the time difference between the stage light reconnecting and the green light coming on.

So yes you could sit on the tree after green and text your gf for 10 seconds and that time would have zero impact on your ET (you may get funny looks from the track officials).
+1 to Brad's explanation.

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Awsome time.....Congrats Mark!!!

I feel so inadequate with only 440hp now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back