Credit where credit is due

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows I've been wary to drive my car hard running a mail'd JDM tune since I installed the Long Tubes, and have been desperately searching for a tuner to check out the car and give me a good tune.

Today I took the car up to Gear Heads up in Dallas, and was going to have Travis dynotune it. Travis did the first pull on the JDM tune and shut the car off. He said he would love to take my money for a dynotune, but the JDM tune was spot on. Table flat AFR ratio, everything looked good. The car isn't running much timing, and is very conservative, but that's the way I want it.

I made 434/431, but Travis said his dyno is consistantly off by about 20-25hp compared with other dynos. (This is supported by the fact that I made 448/425 on another dyno before the Long Tubes). Travis said the car could easily make 475+ if I advanced some timing, but it's just not worth it to me. I expect I will see 455+ hp with this tune on another dyno, but dyno numbers aren't really all that important to me. Being able to drive the car hard, and still be safe, and track numbers are what I'm looking for. Hopefully I can get in a pass or two in the small amount of time left in this season, and get my 11 second timeslip.

Thanks again Jim.

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Told ya!!!! Thanks for calling me!!! lol!

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
we have to run a roll bar here at 11.49 and quicker....you'll be close to that if not under! you have a bar? they gonna holler at ya.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back