Datalogging my O2 sensors ... help?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats It's a shame they aren't open on Sat. I'd be over there before something changes.........LOL

Lol yeah, thanks.
Just checked the Evap monitor though and it didn't set overnight, like it should've.
But shouldn't matter for the sticker since they allow one monitor not ready, and it's usually the Evap that's not ready.
And there's a chance it still might go ready before I bring the car in for the sticker

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Glad you got it to pass! That is good news. What a pita but at least you don't need to worry about it again.

Not going real hot for me. Took mine back to stock with the SCT device. Then tried to write the TVS tune with HPTuners and it is telling me unlicensed vehicle. Car is a big paper weight at the moment while I sort this out.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Holy crap, if it's not one thing it's another, huh?
Mine started doing a crank-no-start thing now, I hope it starts when I turn the key, it's not a given anymore.

What's your plan on the HP mess? Contact HPTuners in the morning and see what they say?
I don't know how all that HPT stuff works, but it seems they make money on every use of their software, even if you own it.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
I have an email into HPT support. I'm hoping to get this sorted soon.

I suspect that when I went to flash the car with the TVS tune via HPT it gave me problems because the strategy is different from the stock tune that is now back on the car.

Possible solution would be to reflash with the SCT and put the TVS tune back on. HPT may then allow me to reflash with it at that point. I lose the SCT, unable to re-sell it. Alternately maybe flash the car from the HPT with the stock tune file. Eats up two more credits. Then may be able to flash the car from HPT with either tune file.

Ends up costing more money either way. Had no idea changing strategies would cause this issue.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe, what finally got the 02 sensors to show ready.. Was it the 02 spacers ?

Nope. The spacers were in for right about 150 miles and I took them out.
I went back to the tuner Saturday morning, he did a revision and loaded it in, we went for a cruise in 6th at about 50-55 mph, the catalyst went "complete" within about 10 minutes, and that kinda gave us a lot of hope that he made some good changes.
Did another revision to tweak the fuel trims a bit more, and went for another short drive, then I left.
Whatever he changed in those revisions, I hope he implements in all future Coyote tunes, cuz it did the trick.
I drove the car about 75 miles, highway and local, and some stop-and-go, and everything but the Evap went ready.
I checked this morning and the Evap hadn't gone ready yet, but I didn't drive the car today, it's been sitting since about 10AM or so when I started it for a minute, I hope the Evap will be ready by tomorrow morning.
I also hope that the place I wanted to go to for my sticker can take me in nice and early tomorrow.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Glad the tune revision and fuel trim adjustment did the trick.. Hopefully by tomorrow you'll have enough miles driven for the EVAP to show ready to pass emissions :waytogo:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Evap went ready on the way to the place doing the sticker. Such a beautiful sight to see them all "Complete" :)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back