Did I get ripped by bbr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I posted up here asking if anyone could do an email tune for a stage 2 procharger kit surprisingly everyone says no except I get a pm from steve at blow by racing telling me that he can take care of me no problem. I call the number he requested me to call. He says oh yeah no prob its $170 for the tune. I say okay. Call back a few days later pay and get the tune. Everything I told him that I had done to the car was incorrectly stated on the tune they sent me. The tune reads my name and says ps1 procharger at 5lbs boost. I told him my mods were d1 head unit 10lbs of boost long tube headers off road h pipe and 4.10 gears. So I call back and say hey this isnt right. He says oh we just wrote it wrong your fine go enjoy your car. So I start the car up it idles okay other then the exhaust smells super rich. I go to take off the car starts cutting out. Hadnt been drove for a month though okay keep going. I give it some gas car wants to basically die. I call him up he says oh we will get you fixed smooth sailing from here. Tells me what to datalog I do that all the while risking blowing my car up since we have no wideband and no clue what the air fuel is. Then he says we need you to datalog this as well that goes on for a week. Then a wee later they say both my 02 arent working. I said yeah Im sure they both quit at the same time ive seen it so many times. Chris sends me a strategy to datalog I do that both 02 are working correctly. Keep asking for the tune to be revised and I get We need you to datalog more stuff I say I did what you asked and I want a refund as I will have the car towed to a tuner since its not driveable. Surprisingly that night I get a new tune for the car. I load it and the car idles up then falls of sounds like its got a cam in it then dies. Long story short I have the car hauled to a dyno shop about an hour and a half away. I tell them I want a refund and its all good. They come back and say they wont give me a refund that they could have dialed it in after a period of time. Keep in mind I have no wideband at all. After talking to every tuning shop around they all tell me that the reason they couldnt do an email tune for that setup is because of the maf location and that it is dyno tune only to get it set up correctly. BBR says they still gave me a service by emailing me and they will only do a store credit. I dont want anything from them and think a chargeback is at hand since the service I received wasnt even for my car and I got absolutely no use of there service whatsoever after two weeks of dealing with them. I have never done a chargeback in my life thats the kind of person I am. What do you guys think I mean every dyno guy tells me even if at some point in time in the future they sent me a file where my car would have seemed to run that it could have been way to lean and a bomb waiting to explode under any type of throttle.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Generally a mail order tune is a bad idea with boost, especially without a wideband. You would think BBR could get it close considering they've probably done many similar setups. Them treating you badly does not surprise me though.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
BBR's customer service is in the toilet right now. It really is a shame too because Chris the owner really is a super nice guy. I feel like John and Steve are slowly killing BBR's reputation. They get on these forums and give out false information and when they get called out on it they just disappear. They should refund your money no questions asked. They have zero dollars in the tune they sent you, only Chris's time to write the tune. I hope you can get your money back.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Being a blow through set up I was told its hard to get the maf correctly set up. Heck even the guy that dyno tuned it took about 30 min before he did any pulls he started it let it idle then adjusted it several times before he had it right. The only thing I received from them was a major headache and expense by having it pulled there. After a couple weeks and getting the run around several times I mean how many times are you supposed to take a boosted car and rev the crap out of it without having a clue what your air fuel is and it popping through the intake manifold. I guess just enough times until it blows up or catches on fire.

They actually told me that they sent me a tune that had already been written for someone elses car. So they had no time in writing the tune for me. Also it said 5psi on the tune I was running double that. I can imagine what would have happened if it would have ran anykind of good enough to let me hit 10psi with it. Im sure Id be buying a forged shortblock if it had.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
why would you have a boosted car w/o a wideband to monitor a/f ratio. Thats a couple hundred dollar gauge to save several thousand dollars of engine.

If anything you should have just gotten a base map just do get it to a dyno.

But that still doesnt excuse the customer service, hopefully you can get it sorted out.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry to hear. But same tune issues I had with them on my 2011 SC car. After several tunes they said I need a new maf that cost $500. So I buy it. It doesn't work either. Yet they don't want to refund money for it. After they sold me a shitty part. Their answer is call pro-m. Talk with pro-m and they say we can fix it. I told them don't need cause the stock maf is working just fine. They told me contact bbr for refund. I do and still they will not refund on the bad part they sold me.

Samsung Galaxy 2-better then your iPhone..

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
My 02s work just fine. I gave them the tuners name I took it to and they called him. Then they tell me he was having a hard time reading them and thats why it took him awhile to get the maf dialed in. I called him and he said he didnt say anything of the sort and that he never even looked at the 02 sensors until he had the maf dialed in enough to keep it running and also I may be putting this wrong but thought he said something as if in the maf was not set up correctly that the 02s actually wouldnt read because they would be trying to hold at 1 or something.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I just did a chargeback online through my credit card company I dont know how it works I would personally rather see a homeless man get the money or anyone in the world besides them. I had bought stuff from them before parts wise never had a problem. I told them if they didnt refund I would never return and they seem to not care at all.

OU81

slow typical mustang...
Reaction score
Had a bbr tune. Gave them three chances to fix the 1st tune that was just pure SHIT! 3 datalogs & a few weeks later I opted to go w/ a different company & the tune was great on the 1st shot. Keep in mind I just have a typical bolt on car just like all the other mustangs running around. The 1st time i contacted them it was some guy on the phone(cant remember the name) and right off the bat i thought "well this will be a waste of my money" b/c whoever it was didnt know anything(not what a person wants from a member of a tuning company on the phone) and sounded just like Napolean Dynamite saying "ahhhhhh ahhhhh ok sniffle ahhhhh".

Then they posted a thread about a car that came all the way from Alaska to Fl for some in shop work. The car had been in Fl since this summer & he just had the Alaska tags but they tried to make it seem like look how good we are that somebody drove all this way for us. I called them out, no response.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
I did more then 3 datalogs and they never said anything about 02 sensors until over a week later. I only received a revised tune after I said I had scheduled dyno time and was having the car towed. I was told that they completely wrote this tune from scratch and it was so good that my car wouldnt run at all.

monk36

forum member
Reaction score
Welp, the only money they'll ever get from me is for some engine breathers I bought way back, I can tell you that for sure.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Is BBR the new MMR?

I too had a BBR tune with mild bolt ons and it SUCKED!! Liz was the WORST to deal with. I moved on hence the reason you NEVER see me pimp a BBR tune. The guys there may be cool, but their tunes downright SUCK.

Wow..............this is starting to stink big time! I really hope they get their act together. The economy, regardless of what the liberal propaganda media tries to get the koolaid drinkers to believe, is NOT good and NOT going to get better anytime soon so customer service after the sale is KING!!! or you have too much money and not enough brains if you take issue with this philosophy.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
BBR is getting worse and worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while riding my Shetland Pony through the pastures of Spain

Last edited:

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Damn another unsatisfied customer. I feel so sorry for you guys choosing BBR. Glad I have read about them and avoided falling victim to such acts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back