Difference between 06 and 07 Whipple kit

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
It's the water crossover/thermostat stuff. Find an online copy of the install manual and you will see the difference. There is a pdf version out there somewhere.

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
As stated above, the cooling setup from 05-06 to 07-09 is different. You would need to source out the old style 05-06 cooling setup and convert your car to it. It's really no big deal a all to do.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
As stated above, the cooling setup from 05-06 to 07-09 is different. You would need to source out the old style 05-06 cooling setup and convert your car to it. It's really no big deal a all to do.

This is true , It sounds harder than it is , Try and buy them used , as those damn hoses are expensive as hell ! :highfive:

Alter Ego Trip

Pot Stirring Aficianado
Reaction score

Wouldn't it just be easier to order the correct part from Whipple? Seeing as they aren't requiring you to "convert" your car when you purchase their kit for the correct year, I assume they offer a part to make it work.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I was looking at used. I just figured it would be easier to buy the part I needed from Whipple instead of trying to convert to an older year.

It might be easier, but it surely won't be cheaper. Whipple gouges on parts badly. I'd bet they want several hundred for the crossover. Getting the 05-06 parts rounded up will ultimately be cheaper.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back