DiMora's Build Thread

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Livernois 20 degree limiters, waiting on the 2013 GT500 oil pan and pickup with windage tray.

I'll post up my complete build list one last time before I get started, I want you all to look at it and tell me if I am doing anything stupid :)

I'll call Livernois this week to make sure the springs I have will work well with my cams and their limiters.

I've decided to run the 11.5:1 Mahle pistons I already own and run low boost at around 9 PSI.

Bruce H who's the 3v eng guru on S197, I believe runs 12:1 on his 3v..with 91 octane E10. Forget how much boost he has with his whipple.
Bottom line would be to just use the correct timing for the type of fuel used. With your proposed 11.5:1 CR, it will run great when in NA mode, which is most of the time. Are you going to stroke it to 302 CI at the same time, or leave it at 281 ci ?

Last edited:

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Bruce H who's the 3v eng guru on S197, I believe runs 12:1 on his 3v..with 91 octane E10. Forget how much boost he has with his whipple.
Bottom line would be to just use the correct timing for the type of fuel used. With your proposed 11.5:1 CR, it will run great when in NA mode, which is most of the time. Are you going to stroke it to 302 CI at the same time, or leave it at 281 ci ?

It's already stroked to 298. Can't change stroke without a new crank, and mine is a Kellogg forged crank so I'm keeping it. I could bore it out to hit 302, but there is no need to do so at this time; I'd rather save the extra wall thickness in case I blow up and HAVE to bore this block. :poker:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, just run stock style rings. Everyone I know who uses the ss rings goes through oil like a container ship

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I am curious why you have decided to run limiters in the phasers with the 127350 cams. Comp does not recommend limiting or locking out that grind.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I’m still here, and the engine is still on a stand, and my car with OEM engine is still running strong, LOL.

I am probably going to build it this year.

Life got in the way…moved, new house, changed job duties three times at same employer, and got busy with basement finish, pool construction and rebuilding a 2017 EcoBoom Mustang (my son’s).

Updates to follow…gonna tear down the engine since it’s been sitting and put new pistons in it. Thinking stock compression. Any piston and vendor recommendations?

Back