Disabling ABS.

oh5gt

Reaction score
Have not posted on the site for a while. Hope someone can help.

Before the dont do it responses start. Here is whats happening.

Track only car. 8.8 rearend, spool, 35 spline axles, c-clip eliminaters. Past weekend at the track , on Friday night for a totally unrelated reason I had the drivers rear wheel off. Next morning before test and tune another racer noticed a funny looking wheel stud on the ground. On seeing it I knew it was mine. (A Strange Axles threaded stud milled to pass the reluctor wheel) It was bent and cracked off.
What happend was when I put the wheel back on the threaded in wheel stud (not pressed in) also backed in as did three others. When it backed in it jammed on the ABS sensor, likey bent on something else first.
I managed to fix the stud issue but was left with a distroyed ABS sensor, maybe reluctor wheel too, have not had a good look yet.

All is fine...not quite.

After this, when doing the burnout the car would go into Fail Safe Mode and performance suffered (maybe 3000 rpm max). I found that if I shut the car off after the burnout the computer would reset and car would perform as expected, albeit with the engine light on, ABS light on and traction control light on (I'm ok with that one). Code reader reveals P2106 - throttle control actuator error. Among the list of checks for this code is ABS/Traction Control.

So today I ordered two new sensors and hopefully all shoud be fine.
If it is not I'd like to be prepared.

So, is there a way to easily disable the ABS without alerting the Fail Safe?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I THINK there is a fuse for the ABS, now whether it still alerts the fail safe, I dunno.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have ABS on my car, and the PCM does not care. If pulling the fuse (if there is one) does not work, maybe unplugging the ABS computer MAY work.

oh5gt

Reaction score
New sensors installed. ABS and Traction Control lights still on. Don't know if FailSafe is going to show or not. Have to wait till next weekends races.
If FailSafe shows I'll try pulling fuses.
In the meantime battery is disconnected so maybe it'll magically reset itself.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back