Does the UPR Catch Can actually work?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I changed the oil in my 2006 Mustang GT so I decided to check the UPR Billet Catch Can to see how much oil was in it. I installed it the last time I changed the oil (maybe 5,000 miles?) so I wasn't sure what to expect. It's been about four months or so... Needless to say, I was pretty shocked to see that it trapped this much oil. UPR For The Win!

Now all UPR Catch Cans are available in our Pro Series version with Nickel plated fittings, braided hoses with billet ends, and drain petcocks.

proseriescan_zps9a197658.jpg

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Dam that's a lot of oil!! Any black Friday sale on these???

Yessir! 10% off next week. I'll post the sale this weekend! :thumb2:

I have one. By far the best.

Thanks! I had a customer A-B test ours against our biggest competitor. He stated unequivocally that ours traps more oil!

Wowza! That's a lot of earl, Sharad.

Yessir! I'm almost afraid to put one on the Coyote. The Coyotes are the engines with the oil consumption problems, right? :omfg:

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. that's kinda incredible. I have a JLT one..not much oil in it after 10K....interesting to say the least.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. that's kinda incredible. I have a JLT one..not much oil in it after 10K....interesting to say the least.

I had a customer A-B test our can against our competitor and say our can trapped more. I've been happy with the UPR can.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I had a customer A-B test our can against our competitor and say our can trapped more. I've been happy with the UPR can.

By competitor, do you mean jl ..... ?

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Do you have a link to where I can find those Pro Series catch cans on your website? I can't seem to find them?

NoTicket

forum member
Reaction score
After 2000 miles and 1 track day it had 1.7 oz. inside of my catch can on a fully stock engine. No tune, no aftermarket anything. I am fully sold. Spending a long time at high revs like you do at track days will definitely cause significant blow by, even on a non boosted engine. Though I don't have a UPR, my friend's car does, and it works just as well as the one I have.

I highly recommend getting one. And since UPR actually has a presence on these boards...

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
By competitor, do you mean jl ..... ?

Yep. And I don't have a problem with "jl..." I reached out to him personally to try and bury the hatchet. I think we're good. But anyway, yeah, my customer switched because he liked their lines better, which I get, but ours trapped more oil than their can, so he switched back. Now that we have the Pro Series kits (with the nice braided lines) I don't feel like the line issue is a factor anymore.

Do you have a link to where I can find those Pro Series catch cans on your website? I can't seem to find them?

EXAMPLE:
Here is the 3V can, and there is a drop down menu which says "upgrade to braided hose". That's where you choose the Pro Series can.

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-billet-oil-catch-can-separator-driver-05.html

After 2000 miles and 1 track day it had 1.7 oz. inside of my catch can on a fully stock engine. No tune, no aftermarket anything. I am fully sold. Spending a long time at high revs like you do at track days will definitely cause significant blow by, even on a non boosted engine. Though I don't have a UPR, my friend's car does, and it works just as well as the one I have.

I highly recommend getting one. And since UPR actually has a presence on these boards...

Thanks! I desperately need to change the oil in my new (used) 5.0 and add our catch can. It's killing me thinking about that oil getting in the intake manifold.

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So that is all coming from the drivers side!? I know on my GT500 everyone says the driver's side isn't needed but didn't know that on the 3V it put out that much oil! I have a can on the passengers side but I will be putting one on the drivers side also now!

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So that is all coming from the drivers side!? I know on my GT500 everyone says the driver's side isn't needed but didn't know that on the 3V it put out that much oil! I have a can on the passengers side but I will be putting one on the drivers side also now!

Yessir! Driver's side on the 3V. We can hook you up with 15% off this weekend for our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale. 561.588.6630.

Scrat

forum member
Reaction score
wow damn i didnt realize that much can be sucked through the intake. Is the can required on both sides or is the driver side the only one that needs it?

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
wow damn i didnt realize that much can be sucked through the intake. Is the can required on both sides or is the driver side the only one that needs it?

The driver's side will catch the most oil. I wouldn't say it's "needed" on the passenger side, but some people do install them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back