Door Panel Leather Re-do

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I dont see how so many people are having trouble with it sticking, its been a little over a year since I did mine and it has no signs of coming off or bubbling what so ever. Even with all this hot ass weather and humidity down in south GA im surprised after two summers it has not started to come off yet. Its holding up very well.

I dont know man. I have done everything and it is starting to look like shit with all redoing. I just went today and bought a material that is alligator skin. I am VERY skeptical about this; I love the pattern and it is the same thing I have as a wrap on my pool cue. However, I think this is either going to turn out looking really ritzy or like it belongs in the "Spot the Rice" thread. They had two different leather fabrics. One was this one in shiny or dull (I bought the dull) and then a basic semi-shiny leather. I came very close to just going with the basic cause I knew it would suffice. However, if I can get this one to look right and can still prove that my skin color is white, then I will be glad I went with it.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
My passenger side door leather fell down to the handle last weekend. I went and bought all the stuff in this DIY. Took me an hour and both doors were done.

Thanks OP

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I love to see more pics on this. I have the bare plastic base interior door. I like to see if I could do it on this. I like to see the other guys who done it and there results.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I love to see more pics on this. I have the bare plastic base interior door. I like to see if I could do it on this. I like to see the other guys who done it and there results.

I will try to get you some pics tomorrow, as I am at work tonight.

All I will have is the finished look.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Thanks. I thought of doing a carbon fiber wrap on the hard inserts (since I never has the door leathers). But depending on the look, i may try suede if the fabric looks good.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
It looks good if you take your time. If you dont, it gets fucked to all high hell. Take it from someone who rushed it the first time.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
It looks good if you take your time. If you dont, it gets fucked to all high hell. Take it from someone who rushed it the first time.

Took my time to do my driver door panel drove around town with no door panel for 2 days finally finished it the way i wanted not a week later it started to undo itself and is now back to the way it was before i started. Stupid design on fords part i think... :asshat:

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Took my time to do my driver door panel drove around town with no door panel for 2 days finally finished it the way i wanted not a week later it started to undo itself and is now back to the way it was before i started. Stupid design on fords part i think... :asshat:

Go to Hobby Lobby and pick up this stuff called Quick Grip. It is in a yellow tube. It holds really good against this heat. That contact cement doesnt stand a chance down here in Texas.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
Here are the finished pics

IMG_00081.jpg

IMG_00071.jpg

IMG_00061.jpg

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
I guess I was expecting more results from people who used different material besides OEM leather

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I guess I was expecting more results from people who used different material besides OEM leather

I'll take some of mine. I am actually going to do it one more time and get the glue smoothed out better. Still not happy with the results but I finally found the epoxy that will make it last. And the material turned out looking much better than ever expected.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
One of the things about Ford that pisses me off is how they absolutely cannot color match various interior pieces. Not being able to color match the armrest to the door panel is stupid IMO. Been like that for many years. That's why my latest Ford has a black interior.

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
Mine has these problems, i had some kind of spray adhesive but once it is left in the hot Florida sun, the door leather starts undressing its self again.. Once i am all healed up from my surgery this past thurs- i will be re doing my two doors but with this cement stuff. How does it hold up?

there is a special high temp spray glue that can be used. Its made for headliners and other outdoor applications that will stang up to the intense heat inside a car. you can find it at your local upholserty supplier or online

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back