Downside to Drag Radials?

Hitman

Banned
Reaction score
a 275/40/17 Nitto or M/T DR on a 17x9 wheel will handle better than anything.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Just get some M&H DR's. They kick ass on the street. I spun out on the highway in the rain once, but it was cuz the tread was completely gone. While there was tread on it I had better traction in the rain on the M&H DR's then I did with the Sumitomo's.

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the 305/35 20 nitto 555rs and got caught in the rain a couple times by accident. I have 459rwhp and they worked great. I even launched at a stop light and they honestly did a great job. I am not sure how anyone has problem in the rain with these unless you are autocrossing in the rain or something, lol.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
After reading all these and rethinking, I have something to add.

The 275/45/18 M&Hs I have are on 18x9" rims. Which, at street use tire pressures, crown quite a bit. 20psi at the track, they are golden. I've tried them from 32 down to 25 on the street, and they still crown out. (at 25psi, the sidewalls feel awful spongy, which makes them weird to drive in traffic....)

I think if I had a 10" rim with those tires, they would do much better in the rain. Think maybe they would run truer to "flat" across the entire tread pattern.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Taking it easy in the rain is a given, i already have to do that with street tires. Switching to dr's i thought i would have to be "extra" careful. But they are performing very well if not better than the street tires. And the added dry traction is night and day, no more rear end breaking looose and sqealin on those high rpm quick shifts during spirited driving, just hooks and pulls

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have the 555r's on 18x10 40 height no crowning so far and ride is not bad either.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back