Driveshaft swap

osgruber327

Reaction score
Evening all,
I want to make sure the stock driveshaft doesn't explode on me so I'm wondering what my options are.
Gt driveshaft swaps? Or am I stuck with a custom shaft.........
Thanks,
Oliver

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shaftmasters makes a V6 shaft.

I have their TR6060 shaft and it is vibration free as far as I have been willing to take it (140+ MPH)

The stock GT shaft does not fit

roddy

Reaction score
Shaftmasters here too. No vibes. It's been a few years, but IIRC, it's also a ~10lbs weight savings. If there's a better/less expensive way, I don't recall seeing it...

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
I installed the Ford Racing Aluminum one piece. Very Happy no problems 2 yrs old. Car only has 14,000 miles on it total.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IIRC, The V6s were limited to 115 (?) mph or so due to the DS when first they were out back in 05-06, but it's a long time since I read that.

osgruber327

Reaction score
I saw a youtube video where a v6 mustang blew its driveshaft at 125 or so......the tune I loaded on my v6 removed the top speed limit and I dont want to invertantly blow the shaft up....... is there any driveshafts that will work without spending 800 new? One of you said the GT driveshaft won't work.... at the risk of being stupid.... why not? Isn't the length the same? Would the shaft fron a later model v6 work?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

totaljustice

Reaction score
This is the video the OP is referring to and it's responsible for creating fear in a lot of V6 owners that the stock 2 piece driveshaft is weak and would self destruct if the speed exceeded the factory limiter. A lot of people say it's just a one off failure but no one wants to destroy their car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back