dual 2 step question

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
From what i have heard/read that hitting the stock rev limiter on a boosted motor is bad due to the fuel being cut off(right?) if that is so, and hitting a MSD 2step is fine because it cuts spark not fuel, would it be a good idea, could you even do it, to run one 2step at your launch rpm, say 2.5krpm and another one at your limit rpm say 6.5Krpm to protect the motor/blower from over reving? 1. would this work? 2. is it a good idea? 3. or am i smoking crack again? no i am not FI yet, but its in the works, hopefully next year.

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
to run one 2step at your launch rpm, say 2.5krpm and another one at your limit rpm say 6.5Krpm to protect the motor/blower from over reving? 1. would this work? 2. is it a good idea? 3. or am i smoking crack again? no i am not FI yet, but its in the works, hopefully next year.

No need for two 2-steps. A single 2-step is used to control RPMs on launch. Your stock computer rev-limiter is used to prevent over-reving the engine. You can easily increment/decrement your rev limit settings via the SCT handheld tuner.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
no that is not what he is saying. he is saying that on the stock rev limiter the computer shuts off fuel and if you add the 2nd 2 step use it as a rev limiter so it is just messing with timing and not cutting off fuel at 6000+ rpms

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
it probably could be done, but you're going to have a massive set of connectors laying on top of the motor, unless there is some other way to do besides stacking them all.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back