Dyno tested 2 tunes

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
You can't make a judgement on which tune to run just because of peak numbers. It's all about the average, you guys sound like a supra board. All you care about is peak numbers and not the curve.
^^^^ ding ding ding... we have a winner.

Nothing drives me more ape shit that people fucking talking about peak dyno numbers. Who fucking cares? The only time that number is even relevant is in 4th gear at 6500rpm. And I'd be willing to bet that >95% of the members here never see that situation... either on the street or at the strip. And the small percentage that does, will only see it right at the stripe because their car is geared/tired properly.

Don >>> :stfu: <<< Dyno queens

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No...they don't. They are just like every other engine. They like warm oil and cold cylinder heads. Period. Only reason for a higher dyno reading is the driveline fluids (transmission/rear end) are also heated so they don't consume nearly as much power as cold fluids.

Okay so some parts(fluids) in the s197 like heat lol

adolph807359

Reaction score
Well on 1 dyno day i did 3 pulls and it made less power each time. it was in the heat of summer and i can tell my car doesnt like it when its hot out side or at least when tha AIT gets to high.

adolph807359

Reaction score
I'd like to see an avg. on both. Like 3 of each pull in similar operational temeratures.

However, you're compairing our 93 octane street tune to the Bama 93 octane RACE tune.

So, that's about right in the power difference. Our race tune is very similar to BAMA's race tune. We've compaired them on the dyno here before.
I thought i ordered your race tune
icon9.gif
By no way am i saying yours sucks i like it and use it daily. Oh well ihave to get back with you about it anyways my ck eng lt is coming on due to my longtube headers and o2's.

Last edited:

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
I thought i ordered your race tune
icon9.gif
By no way am i saying yours sucks i like it and use it daily. Oh well ihave to get back with you about it anyways my ck eng lt is coming on due to my longtube headers and o2's.

Give me a shout. I'll have Chris update it. We'll get it a little more aggressive too.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
You can't make a judgement on which tune to run just because of peak numbers. It's all about the average, you guys sound like a supra board. All you care about is peak numbers and not the curve.

you mean like those supras that have a peak of 750 hp, but only make 250 until 4000 rpms. and they trap at 175 mph at 12.8 seconds lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back