Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
son_i_am_disappoint.gif

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who likes that the 2015 will have an irs?

There are some r-tards in Europe and Aussie land too.

Griggs and Maximum Motorsports have shown for decades that a live axle can handle just as good with 1/10th the headaches and less weight.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
its easy to see where this is heading.

V6=EB 2.0. GT= EB V6 and GT500/SVT Cobra=5.0 V8 DI.

needless to say, LOVE MY 2013.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I simply can't imagine them not offering a v8. What's next, America voting in a president with experience just above a community leader with a questionable birth certificate......oh wait. :omfg:

TW1NTRB0

forum member
Reaction score
V8 isn't going anywhere, just people talking out of their ass. Just getting more options as it will be a "world car". IRS makes perfect sense, if you don't like it swap in a SRA like the Termi guys have been doing for years.

Ryan331

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly if they don't have a v8 GT option, I'm going to get a 2014 GT and not look back

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I hope it looks nothing like that pic but you gotta think it's like the 60s and 70s all over again with the big three fighting it out and we hAve the pinnacle of performance cars available now . Just like when the gas crunch hit bak in the 70s the ugly ass mustang 2 came out that's what's happening now I hope ford doesn't screw it up

Sent from your moms phone

kgrun4

forum member
Reaction score
That picture is the Evos concept that has been out for a while, which the new fusion styling is based on and many of the new ford cars will draw inspiration from.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some of you guys are really funny with your dire over the top end of the Mustang world antics.

We all knew the ED4 was coming. No need to get emotional about it.

I am curious what the small displacement V6 is about and if it too will have EB. I feel like I read about a 3.0 V6 with EB. I'll have to research if I am imagining it or if I really did read about it someplace.

This only "confirmed" a couple things that were pretty much already known and expected. Not really news and not 100% official either. It doesn't tell us anything about what is "confirmed" to be going away either.

EDIT: I am not imagining it....

"According to PickupTrucks.com, Ford is working on a pair of new V6 engines using the EcoBoost technology under the codename "Nano". One of the engines is reportedly 2.6 or 2.7 liters while the other is reportedly a 3.0L mill. These are all just rumors bolstered by insider information, it has been suggested that the EcoBoost 3.0L V6 would offer around 300-315 horsepower. That would make for a fine replacement for the current entry level, naturally aspirated V6. That engine, named the Duratec 37 and measuring 3.7L, makes 305 horsepower while yielding 23mpg on the open road, so the new EcoBoost engines don’t have far to go compared to the current EcoBoost option in the F150. Figure that the current EcoBoost makes 365hp, 420lb-ft of torque and yields 22mpg, so a small engine targeting the 300-315hp range should easily be able to improve on the fuel economy of the 3.7L base V6." from http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/...w_EcoBoost_Engines_for_Next_Gen_F_Series.html

The same (or slightly more) power from a smaller more fuel efficient engine in a new probably lighter chassis is a no brainier given the CAFE rules coming down the pipe.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back