Ecoboost Just announced

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am not upset about the engine, just the picture of the mustang is effing gross.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll buy the IRS off of the first straight-line-only douche who swaps his out. :p

In all seriousness, I have no idea what the big deal is. If you don't want a turbo 4 banger, don't freaking buy it. And as much as I love my car, an independent rear suspension would be a huge improvement.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love how guys are swearing off the new car before it's even built. It could very well stop, turn, accelerate and ride better and do it while getting better fuel economy. We know very little about the car. We don't really have any idea what it's gonna look like. And yet people are already bagging on it.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
I love how guys are swearing off the new car before it's even built. It could very well stop, turn, accelerate and ride better and do it while getting better fuel economy. We know very little about the car. We don't really have any idea what it's gonna look like. And yet people are already bagging on it.

Pretty much my observation.

Every article posting about the 2015 needs to have a picture to gain readers, and since no one has actual pictures of the 2015 Mustang they have to use renderings and the overused Evos concept. Why people automatically assume they are actually looking at a 2015 Mustang is insane.

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
either way, it's going to be a redesign, so that being said it's going to be loved or hated. Personally I'm not taking the renderings too serious yet.. but with no mention of a v8 (although ford would be retarded to not make a GT with a V8, so I doubt it's going to be an issue at all.) But with all the renderings pointing towards the picture in the article, I will not own one if they look like that. I just do not like it.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 2.0 ecoboost option is just fine for the focus ST that will be replacing my 2002 SVT but there is no way I'd buy a mustang with the same engine.
I swapped a 2.3L turbo, drivetrain and suspension from a totalled SVO into a 1980 Capri, I was happy until I tried racing a bolt-on 5.0 LX. Then after feeling the torque and the sound of the V8, I never looked back. The only thing I truly loved about my SVO'd Capri was the recaro seats and the brakes. The SVO wasn't as great in real life as its legend was.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
The 2.0 ecoboost option is just fine for the focus ST that will be replacing my 2002 SVT but there is no way I'd buy a mustang with the same engine.
I swapped a 2.3L turbo, drivetrain and suspension from a totalled SVO into a 1980 Capri, I was happy until I tried racing a bolt-on 5.0 LX. Then after feeling the torque and the sound of the V8, I never looked back. The only thing I truly loved about my SVO'd Capri was the recaro seats and the brakes. The SVO wasn't as great in real life as its legend was.

The difference with the new EcoBoost is that its turbo scrolls much quicker, so turbo lag is pretty much gone and peak torque comes in at a much lower rpm than a V8 so it'll feel very torquey in a Mustang. Your old 2.3L turbo is not comparable to the new 2.0L EcoBoost.

However, the sound of a V8 is an absolute must for me that no 4 or 6 cylinder will ever replicate.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The difference with the new EcoBoost is that its turbo scrolls much quicker, so turbo lag is pretty much gone and peak torque comes in at a much lower rpm than a V8 so it'll feel very torquey in a Mustang. Your old 2.3L turbo is not comparable to the new 2.0L EcoBoost.

However, the sound of a V8 is an absolute must for me that no 4 or 6 cylinder will ever replicate.
Don't get me wrong, I certainly love turbo cars (powerhouse kit on my 09 GT) but if not for the V8, there are plenty of other cars that I'd look to before a mustang. As long as ford puts a V8 in the new car at a price that is attainable, I'll be happy. If they make it so that you need GT500 money just to get a V8, I won't be buying.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No where in the article does it say the turbo four will be offered in the United States. If the Mustang is supposed to be a global market car, it's entirely possible we'll get the same standard engine options over here (V6 and V8) while other countries (Europe, in particular) will have the smaller-displacement choices.

US manufacturers do this all the time.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
I got to ride along in a new Focus ST. I hate to say, that thing would make a stock V8 blush. It's not a slow car by any means. Has a nice growl for a 4-banger too, but no replacement for modular V8 tone. Maybe they'll bring back the SVO badge?

I so agree the IRS is FTMFL. However, if it makes the mustang sell global, I'm all for having semi-domestic product bring some money back our way. $20 says the 4-banger eats a Camaro on both track fields all day!

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks independent rear suspension is such a bad thing.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks independent rear suspension is such a bad thing.

Because they only worry about straight line performance. Those that are real 1/4 mile junkies will just change over to a solid rear axle. Everyone else will enjoy the better handling characteristics.

I'm not going to get up in arms over this just yet. For one, there's ZERO real pictures of the 2015. Everyone may just love the hell out of it once they get used to seeing them. Much like the 2010's.

Saying anything negative or positive about how the car will look is premature at best.:handjob:

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
^It's fun to speculate.
IRS and a lighter car would be nice. The retro look of the S197 and V8 engine is what made me buy one. I was looking at used 350Z's and Infiniti G coupes and saw a really clean 09 Bullit on the lot, test drove it and bought it.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Remembering when the sn95 cars were first coming out and everyone with a fox was like,,wtf. Then they went from the 5.0 to the 4.6 and people really got nerved up. the new car will come and a lot will hate the change. It will take time to grow on most,like the tail end of the current cars. Half the guys in the 4.6's were saying they would rather have a slow 3 valve then have that ass end,look around now,they are driving 5.0's...lol

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I think they have bad taste from the '03-'04 Cobra's that spit out there half shafts. So they fault all IRS's to be weak. The IRS , if built tough enough, will be awesome.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMHO Mustang and IRS dont belong in the same setence. Something I have always loved about the mustang historicly is its ability to perform with rivals at a lower cost, with its smaller displacement engine, basic suspension etc. Thats a huge factor for me.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back