Edelbrock Stage 2 Supercharger install

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
View attachment 71871 View attachment 71872 View attachment 71873 View attachment 71874 View attachment 71875 View attachment 71876 View attachment 71877

I ran into a bt of trouble with the GT 500 fuel pump that I'll be looking into this weekend.

Overall this was a a great experience. I am not sure I will leave the 4.10 gears in since it shifts much too quickly through the gears. Thinking maybe 3.55, it's got so much power and the torque curve is so flat!

What kind of trouble with the GT500 pump setup?

Maypo

Reaction score
View attachment 71878 View attachment 71879 That one came from CJ Pony. I have a used Boss 302 strut tower brace that I had before. Let me know if you’re interested.

What's the condition of the brace and how much do you want for it?

BTW here is a response for our tech guy on your question.
The intercooler is RTV’d in and near impossible to remove after that. Most people that try to get it out damage the intercooler and the supercharger housing itself. PCV oil on the intercooler core is a normal deal and should not be a concern.

Maypo

Reaction score
What kind of trouble with the GT500 pump setup?

Seems that this is a dual pick up pump, at a half tank on the ride home I ran out of gas (gauge fluctuated between half and empty a few times and then stayed on empty), thanks to a good Samaritan I was able to get a few gallons, fired it back up but need to stay at a full tank for the ride home.

Laga

Reaction score
17EB9F95-B1BA-4F7D-80B2-9E1F82BEC8D9.jpeg 1A3D4700-4CEB-40B6-9C04-1BB2ECFBB1D3.jpeg
What's the condition of the brace and how much do you want for it?

BTW here is a response for our tech guy on your question.
The intercooler is RTV’d in and near impossible to remove after that. Most people that try to get it out damage the intercooler and the supercharger housing itself. PCV oil on the intercooler core is a normal deal and should not be a concern.
Thank you!!!! That helps a lot. The brace has some discoloring on one end. It is not corrosion. I think I missed rinsing off a degreaser and it stained the finish. Otherwise, it shows 3 years of wear. Can be easily painted.
I got the new one as a present. My family heard me say I wished I had seen this one first. I got it last Xmas. New Boss 302 braces are $200. I’ll take $50 plus actual shipping.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Seems that this is a dual pick up pump, at a half tank on the ride home I ran out of gas (gauge fluctuated between half and empty a few times and then stayed on empty), thanks to a good Samaritan I was able to get a few gallons, fired it back up but need to stay at a full tank for the ride home.
Whoever installed it probably forgot to attach the passenger side siphon hose back onto the new pump assembly.
Pop it back out and put the hose back on.

crjackson

Reaction score
PCV oil on the intercooler core is a normal deal and should not be a concern.

I think it would be a good idea to get a good catch-can installed right away to avoid the problem.

Last edited:

Maypo

Reaction score
View attachment 71881 View attachment 71880
Thank you!!!! That helps a lot. The brace has some discoloring on one end. It is not corrosion. I think I missed rinsing off a degreaser and it stained the finish. Otherwise, it shows 3 years of wear. Can be easily painted.
I got the new one as a present. My family heard me say I wished I had seen this one first. I got it last Xmas. New Boss 302 braces are $200. I’ll take $50 plus actual shipping.

So this will fit with the Edelbrock Supercharger? What's it made of, steel or aluminum? Can you tell me what shipping would be to 29576?
View attachment 71881 View attachment 71880

Is it made of aluminum or steel? Did you have it on your car with the Edelbrock supercharger? Can you see what it would cost to ship to 29576. I am interested! Thanks...

Laga

Reaction score
So this will fit with the Edelbrock Supercharger? What's it made of, steel or aluminum? Can you tell me what shipping would be to 29576?

Is it made of aluminum or steel? Did you have it on your car with the Edelbrock supercharger? Can you see what it would cost to ship to 29576. I am interested! Thanks...
Yes I had it on the car. You can see it in the photo. I’ll check shipping price and get back ASAP.

crjackson

Reaction score
Going to sit tight for now on the brace, thanks for the offer!

So it’s been a couple of months now with the E-Force. How do you feel about it now, any regrets?

Any caveats or information of not for prospective buyers?

I’m really wanting to pull the trigger, but now I’m waiting for the COVID-19 pandemic to begin the rear view mirror. I’m reluctant to let go of that much cash until I know that some unforeseen related issue won’t require that money.

Also, I want to do my OPG/CS at the same time. If it appears there is a heat issue I’m considering a radiator upgrade, and heat exchanger w/fans.

Any updates you can provide are helpful to the planning process.

Pro-Dyno will likely do all the work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back