end MT-82 miss shifts

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
This reminds me of three years ago when I ordered my forgestars direct and waited almost 6 months for them. The day I got them american muscle started selling them...my uncle bought the same exact set for his stang from AM and got them in one day. I was like WTF!!!!!

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
You guys are really barking up the wrong tree.

Blowfish Racing wants to promote a good relationship with retail buyers.

But it's more important to maintain a good relationship with other vendors. Simple math here, folks - CJ is buying a ton of these and taking the risk of sitting on stagnant inventory. Not likely in this case, but you always want to develop that B2B relationship whenever you can.

Be patient, you're going to get a good item that is worth waiting for.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score

But it's more important to maintain a good relationship with other vendors. Simple math here, folks - CJ is buying a ton of these and taking the risk of sitting on stagnant inventory. Not likely in this case, but you always want to develop that B2B relationship whenever you can.

Exactly. This might be Steve's first big product offering but CJ has been doing this a long time. I'm sure CJ pretty much laid down how it was going to go and Steve had the option of accepting their terms or walk away. If you want to be mad, be mad at CJ for being greedy and offering up their parts before Steve got his original orders shipped out. CJ could have sat on their inventory for 2 more days but chose not to.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Personally, I'd much rather wait an extra couple of days to receive a quality product than one that I'd have to send back for replacement.

I totally understand the way the early-order holders feel, but I see Blow-the-fish Racing's way of thinking too ...

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score

Pretty shitty business ethics if you ask me. :asshat:

He should be thanking all the beta/pre-order guys more than anyone else at this point. Without "us," he obviously didn't have the coin to front all of the kits being made by his manufacture or there wouldn't have been a need for a pre-order at a lower price, if he had the funds to produce them himself.

"Remember where you came from". Without beta/pre-order peeps funding the initial order, the product wouldn't be where it is right now. But by all means, I guess it's ok for those people to sit back and wait longer than they already have while everyone else can get theirs from CJ in a matter of a couple days :bs:.

Take care of the beta people that did all of your R&D, the pre-order people that funded it, and then make your big distributor deal. In that order.

I don't want to come off as "unthankful" to Steve for creating a revolutionary product for the 2011+ MT82 folks. I honestly believe it will have an amazing effect on how the MT82 operates in all aspects.

Like I said before. I could give a shit less if I paid $100 less than CJ orders or anyone that ordered from Blowfish after the pre-order sale. I didn't pre-order to save a $100, I pre-ordered to get it installed on my car ASAP.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
BTW. I still haven't received a fucking tracking #

Ditto.............no boxes fo me???
dunno.gif
:sigh1:

sexy-ups-girl.jpg

crying.gif

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Ditto.............no boxes fo me???
dunno.gif
:sigh1:

sexy-ups-girl.jpg

crying.gif

Sent Steve an email requesting tracking info. He replied quickly saying he shipped the remaining kits out 2 hours ago and that I "should" have received tracking info.

Wrote him back telling him that I haven't received anything yet and asked for the tracking #.

If someone sent me an email asking for tracking information, I wouldn't write back telling the individual that they "should" have it
dunno.gif
. I would just reply back with the tracking number if in fact the item has been shipped.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Sent Steve an email requesting tracking info. He said he shipped the remaining out 2 hours ago and that I "should" have received tracking info. Wrote him back telling him that I haven't received anything yet and asked for the tracking #(kind of a implied task).

Your tracking info is with my tracking info.........

UFO.jpg

:dead2:

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly. This might be Steve's first big product offering but CJ has been doing this a long time. I'm sure CJ pretty much paid down how it was going to go and Steve had the option of accepting their terms or walk away. If you want to be mad, be mad at CJ for being greedy and offering up their parts before Steve got his original orders shipped out. CJ could have sat on their inventory for 2 more days but chose not to.

^^^^This!

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I gotta agree, how this was handled is kinda shitty, I'd personally be livid, because well, lol I'm impatient. but regardless the pre-orders should have been fulfilled first, but this is nothing new, first thing that comes to mind that this happens with is cell phone releases, often times people pre-order and pay for the phone only to see a retailer like Best Buy is selling the phone to Joe Blow before yours has even shipped. it's very frustrating

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It's hardly like anyone got the ebola virus. So you have to deal with crunchy, shitty, ching chong shifting from your 6 speed for a few more days. You've lasted this long.

I guess I sweated it enough to make this post... but really who cares. I'll be bummed when the rings don't seat in my new engine next year, but I'll just sigh and get an iron block and build a stroker. Life goes on!

I thought of blowfish's idea ages ago, but didn't ever put the effort in, didn't even look much further to see where I could hook on to the casting of my TR. I give these entrepreneurs some leeway... it's tough running a business. Look at how hard everyone's working trying to get into torque plate manufacturing! ;)

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
EmptyHourglass.jpg

The day is almost over.............no tracking number for me..............:tdown:

I guess I should chill too since everybody else got theirs already.:dead2:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have no horse in this race.........but this is a shitty way to start a business. If you cant handle the work load then dont take it on. Cry me a fucking river, you have problems. You also have peoples money, so fuck off.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back