Eric Brooks or Lito?

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I hope I dont offend either tuner, both seem to be very knowledgeable, which would be better to remote tune a turbo 3v? Its a Granatelli Turbo kit, blow through, I have the stock sct BA 2800 that comes with the kit and also bought a ba5k just in case, s&h walbro 400lph kit, CMDP, 39# injectors, etc. I'm leaning more towards Eric bcs he said he has tuned this kit before and had no issues with it. Ive never seen anyone write a bad thing about either, just want to see what you guys think. I do have a local Shop close to me, but if there's something that needs to be changed/fixed, I couldnt do it myself without being out the $500+ to dynotune it and bring it back and try again.

ChiDiddy

forum member
Reaction score
Manuel. Never had a tuner explain so much to me.very patient because I'm retarded when it comes to this stuff. Not to mention his tunes are awesome.

danbogart

Reaction score
I don't think you could go wrong with either to be honest. I have never heard anything but positive about both. We had a local guy having some tune issues that just found out that he and his wife were expecting their first child (so money was a little tight). Eric stepped up and knocked a good chunk off his cost and our club chipped in and Eric started getting him going the next day. Really, a stand up guy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have heard great things about both. IIRC when Lito is busy, he reccommends Eric Brooks.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Lito as first choice...I've heard that communication wise, Eric can be hard to get a hold of when he is busy but that he is a good tuner.

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had both tuners. Eric is a good tuner. Lito is great!! My experience is Litos tune runs better and customer service is way better.
Lito owns a turbo 3v also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
I'd recommend Lito over Brooks. Lito is tuning my TT '03, but Eric Brooks sent me a couple different tunes for my '05 when I had it. I think the fact that Eric demands payment up front and Lito accepts payment when the tuning process is over and you, as a customer, are satisfied, says a lot.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys, I can see that sometimes Eric might be busy and sometimes takes a few days to respond, but then again, I was asking him for advise on my set up. I didnt know about Lito not taking payment untill he was done. I think Eric charges $250, I'm guessing Lito is close to that? What does Lito use for tuning software? I have both a diablosport (came with the kit, not preloaded) and the sct x2 that Im using for my n/a tune.

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
Lito is doing my turbo tune as well, just made 475hp on a mustang dyno in 95*f heat and with it humid as hell last night. On a .5 bar tial spring, car was making 8-9lbs of boost. He has amazing customer service as well.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
I tried to go to his site and it's not working, I'll try emailing him. Sounds like I'm going with him. Tron, did he tune it and then you went to a dyno to check your whp or tune on the dyno?

rayS197

Reaction score
Cant go wrong with either tuner. Most on this forum will choose Lito as he is an active member on this forum and most here except the old timers dont know who the hell Eric is. Eric has tuned some bad ass rides over the years and has a solid rep. You should see the cars he posts on FB he tunes, be remote, email etc...

Last edited:

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Another vote for Lito here, he tuned my car and it made 485/470 on a dynojet when i still had the detriot rocker cams in it. I havent had it back to the dyno yet after going back to the stock cams, but he was very quick with getting me revisions(even after he had it done and i decided to go back to the stock cams).

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand, I posted on this board looking for a tuner within a few hours of me. Lito pm'ed me to look up Eric brooks. Either one of them could have tuned my setup and Lito could easily have just told me he would remote tune it. But he highly recommended I talk to Eric. He went as far as to look Eric up for me and had him contact me on this forum. I have never had a tune from Lito but his actions and rep on this board have been excellent. That being said my tune from Eric was amazing. Granted it was on the Dyno in his shop not remote but it was great. I'm with a lot of the other guys here, I would use either one of them in a minute.

Saleen S281

forum member
Reaction score
Good to know that either is a great choice. One thing about Eric is that he said he's tuned this kit before with no issues, and said removing the cats wouldnt be necessary as long as I used pump gas and didnt have a wotbox. I'll start the install tomorrow morning, Prosport gauges were ordered today, I just need the SOS triple gauge pod. Looks like Eric and Lito are friends on Facebook too, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back