Exhaust Adventure Yesterday

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
Some days I wonder why I even bother messing with my car.....

My current set up was FRPP X-pipe, Lethal 3" OTA, and Magnaflow muffler deletes. This sounds awesome and is not too over the top.

Well, I got the great idea that I want more power and the only reasonable way $$ at this point is with cat deletes. Got some Jegs and after fighting the car for hours on my back everything was installed.

Fired it up and holy crap it sounded like shit. How anyone can drive it like that is beyond me.

So I put the stock mufflers on and now its too quiet and I think sounds like crap still, tinny and flat.

Just to make matters worse, there is a sound coming from the passenger side that has me worried something has gone terribly wrong with the motor. Unfortunately the next time I can get under the car is in two weeks....FML. So, it sits in the garage until then. I suspect its something loose in the connection at the headers or at the midpipe where the cat delete connects. Its somewhat of a rattle, but more of a holy shit something is broken sound.

Anyways, thought I would share my struggles.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
What did you think it would sound like with muffler deletes and no cats? I would try it with the GT500 mufflers. They're cheap and popular.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
My 07 sounded good with an O/R X and Pype Bombs so I thought it would be ok, but this is just out of control.

Either I will try GT500's or go back to my original set up.

I do like the extra hp I am getting with the cat deletes though.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That's because the 5.0 don't sound as good as the 3v bro.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
It was a 10 minute fix, the bolt on the mid pipe was contacting the floorboard.

Anyways, now I just need to decide on an axleback. I hate how tinny the stock muffler is. Maybe I'll go with a straight through muffler like the MBRP......who knows.......exhaust thread FTMFW.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
GT500 are overrated and boring. Use em if you want to sound like every other Mustang out on the road.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Borla Touring sounds amazing on the 3v. Still kind of loud with cat deletes but deep and throaty.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
That's because the 5.0 don't sound as good as the 3v bro.
Lol um nah
I love my exhaust........
Um yuuuup
GT500 are overrated and boring. Use em if you want to sound like every other Mustang out on the road.

I concur...i will note though being in the mustang "game" for a while it's really like anything else. I'm amazed at what people's tastes are on what sounds n looks good. Some people think my car looks like ass...Some people think it sounds like shit...i will go to a car meet up and people will flock to a car and rave about how good it sounds and I think it sounds like a fucking tin fuck cannon. To each his own I guess.

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
A great bargain axle back to run with no cats is pypes violators. Real deep tone and not over the top like deletes.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Exhaust sound and loudness is so subjective. What one person loves, another will hate. I hear cars on here that people love the sound of, and I think it sounds like shit. Like Clipboard mentioned above, I have several friends with New Edges and they all sound better than mine, and the jealousy sets in. I like my exhaust, and it I have been told that it sounds really nice, but in comparison, theirs all sound better, are deeper, and are louder.

Gonna check with my friend and upload a clip of his '12 with Stainless long tubes, X pipe, and GT500's and see if they sound like shit. I think it sounds damn good, and they don't sound like typical GT500's.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I got no problem admitting that 2v's with modded exhausts sound better than 3v's.
True story.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
I think I am going to give the MBRP Pro series a shot and see how they sound. Not too many sound clips out there.

Also, anyone know anything about ghost cams? I was getting Bama to send me a tune, but they claim my computer code (BLV) wont cam???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Coyotes are god awful loud catless + you have resonator deletes. You should probably just switch back to your old setup and call it done, before you spend anymore cash trying to make it sound liveable.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back