Favorite movie featuring the Mustang?

Joshiemitsue

Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite movie featuring our favorite American muscle car?
There is quite a few out there

For me (and i will probably get much hate) it is Need for Speed only because I'm 26 and i really fell in love with the 2010-2014 models

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here is my list.

1. Bullitt
2. Gone in 60 seconds(Elanor)
3. Fast and Furious Series

And a few others I can't think of right now. I know those are my top 3.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bullitt is the most overrated pile of garbage of a movie. If it didn't have that chase scene, nobody...NOBODY!! would even remember it ever got made.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bullitt is the most overrated pile of garbage of a movie. If it didn't have that chase scene, nobody...NOBODY!! would even remember it ever got made.

I agree. The rest of it I really don't even remember. Its that chase scene for sure that made the movie.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gone in Sixty Seconds, the Nic Cage version. Saw that movie twice in theaters and countless times at home.

I like the whole movie but the sequence from him stealing Eleanor to jumping off the rollback makes the whole movie.

Tommy Y

Reaction score
The Last American Hero, with Jeff Bridges. I can't remember if he drives a 67 or 68 fastback, but I think it was a 68, iirc. Not only is it a "car movie" but it is a good movie, imo.

Need for Speed. Love the car, love the blower whine, the exhaust, the drifting. Ok movie.

The original Gone in Sixty Seconds. It was a terrible movie, but the final chase scene is epic. The remake is a far more entertaining movie, the car is cooler, but the CGI on the final jump moves it down a notch for me.

Getaway with Ethan Hawke. Shelby Super Snake, the entire movie is a chase scene.

Steve Waters

Reaction score
It's not a mustang movie but my favorite is Vanishing Point. Then American Graffiti, Two Lane Blacktop. Bullet was good. Grand Prix is another good one. Sorry I guess I'm just showing my age.

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
Cherry 2000

cherry-2000.jpg

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
How about John Wick?

Yup. John Wick kicked ass but we saw too little of that black '69 Mach 1.
The car chases in Bullitt and Gone in 60 seconds (Nic Cage version) were iconic, and the car chase in the 1974 version of Gone in 60 seconds was more famous for the number of cars (especially cop cars) that were wrecked in the movie.
Loved the GT500 in Need for Speed and in Getaway.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
It's not a mustang movie but my favorite is Vanishing Point. Then American Graffiti, Two Lane Blacktop. Bullet was good. Grand Prix is another good one. Sorry I guess I'm just showing my age.

I don't even remember the Mustang in Vanishing Point. Just the Challenger.

Tommy Y

Reaction score

I had the collector's edition DVD box set for Two Lane Blacktop and let someone borrow the DVD and they lost it....I love that movie, because it so perfectly captures the cars and the vibe of that era.

Steve Waters

Reaction score
I guess I didn't make myself clear. IT'S NOT A MUSTANG MOVIE BUT MY FAVORITE IS VANISHING POINT. Just saying.

I also apologize for hijacking this thread.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

I'm 63....and saw all of the above. The re-make of vanishing point wasn't too bad either. The California kid with martin Sheen was a classic.

Last edited:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My cringe worthy Mustang moment in a movie was in Basic Instinct. A nice white GT convertible got driven down concrete stairs. That scared me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back