FORScan to enable locked features?

Paix

Reaction score
I noticed that my buddy's 07 has perimeter lighting (Unlocking the car causes the lights to flash for a moment) but my 05 doesn't, did some research into it and found that it was a programmed feature after 07, some people were able to get their computer reflashed to the newest firmware, but when I called the local dealerships around here they told me they weren't allowed to do it anymore and recommended I get FORScan and do it myself instead.

Has anyone enabled perimeter lighting through FORScan or updated their computer? I haven't been able to find much information on it.

Some other features I'd like to enable if possible include:

Press 2x to unlock trunk & Press 2x to activate panic button (I hit the buttons in my thigh pocket sometimes while working on the car, super annoying)

Auto-Windows Down on unlock (heard this was a feature on some models, Florida is hot as shit, being able to air the car out as I walk to it would be nice)

Is there a google doc spread sheet with these codes that I've just been missing in my search? I found one for 2015+ F150s, but none of the codes I info I was looking for was in there.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
These functions are all in the SJB.
Some may be possible, some not.
I could not enable the global window feature. My research found it not possible on the 07. Rumor has it, the 05 did, and some were able to turn it on.

A lot of this is SJB firmware dependent. I added factory fog lights, enabeled them. Still did not work from the switch. SJB self test showed fogs functional and would light them in self test.

No spreadsheet exists that I know of. Mustang owners are a small percentage of the Forscan users. All spreadsheets that have been created are from users who were kind enough to share what they figured out by experimenting.

Paix

Reaction score
I guess I'll start diving into it tomorrow then, I appreciate the heads up, I wasn't sure if I Should be in the SJB or not.

SVT Rider

Reaction score
Auto-Windows Down on unlock (heard this was a feature on some models, Florida is hot as shit, being able to air the car out as I walk to it would be nice)
This option (also google'able as Global-Open Window feature) was programmable only on the 2005 model and maybe some of the early 2006 models.

My understanding is that Ford disabled it permanently in the SJB in later years. I wanted it too on my 2007 model, but came to a dead end with enabling it in FORSCAN. The hypothesis from some is the radio frequency may have been triggered too easily and owners were having the windows roll down while it was raining outside, or there was a bug in the software/hardware for the feature on the Mustang.

My memory is vague here from when I looked into it years ago. I believe there is the option in FORSCAN for the Global Window, and since yours is a 2005, you might be in luck. Look in the FORSCAN software for this feature and good luck!

Paix

Reaction score
This option (also google'able as Global-Open Window feature) was programmable only on the 2005 model and maybe some of the early 2006 models.

My understanding is that Ford disabled it permanently in the SJB in later years. I wanted it too on my 2007 model, but came to a dead end with enabling it in FORSCAN. The hypothesis from some is the radio frequency may have been triggered too easily and owners were having the windows roll down while it was raining outside, or there was a bug in the software/hardware for the feature on the Mustang.

My memory is vague here from when I looked into it years ago. I believe there is the option in FORSCAN for the Global Window, and since yours is a 2005, you might be in luck. Look in the FORSCAN software for this feature and good luck!

Thanks SVT! I didn't know what it's called and auto-window down was confusing some of the people I asked because the car rolls the windows up and down a crack when you open/close the door.

richie9mt

Reaction score
It was stated that some features were firmware-dependent. Is there a place to get the last/latest firmware update besides the dealer??? Will Forscan flash the firmware update???

Which leads me to ask: Will Forscan 'save' the existing total [.BIN ?] file before making changes???

Paix

Reaction score
From what I've read you have to go into the dealer to flash the firmware update, I tried this last night and my car has no SJB or BCM modules, the only setting I can change is Global Open Windows. When I tried enabling it I found that it didn't work, some additional research turned up that models from my production run are missing components that are required for the feature apparently.

It all boils down to; once again the dealership is always wrong.

I'll have to look into a manual way to get perimeter lights working through wiring since that was the main thing I wanted.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of effort to just have the lights flash.

Paix

Reaction score
It may be, it may not be, could be as simple as running 1-2 wires to the dome lights or something.

Perimeter lights help though, since switching to the Mustang my passengers are constantly yanking the crap out of my door handle because they don't know if the car is unlocked yet or not.

I was hoping it'd be a simple thing with forscan and maybe I'd get global open too (Florida is hot as shit so it'd be nice), but it doesn't look like that's happening lol.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
There is a firmware load option in Forscan. I would not try to push a different version, may brick it. And it only works on 'some' modules. Will not save original file.
It can (and you should always) save the original configuration.

richie9mt

Reaction score
It can (and you should always) save the original configuration.

Does Forscan let you save the entire configuration as a package (like in the GM .BIN file)??? Reading the Forscan docs, it seems to allow you to save (& restore?) individual settings, but it's unclear if you can save the whole kaboodle (I don't know what Ford calls their memory file).

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Does Forscan let you save the entire configuration as a package (like in the GM .BIN file)??? Reading the Forscan docs, it seems to allow you to save (& restore?) individual settings, but it's unclear if you can save the whole kaboodle (I don't know what Ford calls their memory file).
I think it can do both. Save individual lines or the complete config.
I found all changes in the first line of the sjb.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back