FRPP Exhaust M-5230-MGTC - Feedback requested

atsanogood

Reaction score
I have this exhaust but have not yet installed it (2010 GT). I would appreciate any feedback on it, as I am not sure I will keep it. It may be similar to the Borla Touring, but just a guess. Have been searching and searching for a sound clip of this setup, but haven't found any. Any input would be very much appreciated.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Those are indeed Borla Touring axle backs and they've been simply been rebranded with the Ford Performance name. Definitely the ones to have if you want a throatier sound under acceleration but a quiet cruise with no drone.

atsanogood

Reaction score
Dino- Thanks for your reply. Sounds like they may be worth a try. Now to find some sound clips of the Borlas. I like your GT. Bought an 06 GT brand new and really enjoyed it. With the right mods, they are very capable cars.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve got the Borla Touring axle backs on my 2013 GT. Absolutely love the sound, nice deep growl but not obnoxiously loud. I want to hear that Coyote motor but I don’t care to broadcast it to everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I found one of these on ebay super cheap and ran it for awhile on my car. I ran them with long tube headers and high flow cats but they were pretty mellow even with the headers and drone was not too bad. I ended up swapping them back out because I could never get them to fit quite right since they were made for a 2010.

Mike in SC

Lactation Consultant
Reaction score
Put a pair on my 09 ragtop GT (sold) and my 09 GT coupe. Absolutely love them! wish I could get a similar set for my 14 GT coupe but I had to settle for GT 500s. Highly recommended.

Mustang Mike

Reaction score
Put this one a while back and that was the best thing I have done to this ride. I had the Shelby GT ones but this are quiet at low rpms but when you get on it they unlease hell. No drone at all. Have had many a Mustanger come up to me and ask what exhaust was on the car!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back