Frustrating idle surge

Travis Belair

Reaction score
New S197 owner. Had FRPP Cat back, CAI and Procal. Procal quit working and car didn’t run well. So I knew this buying the car. Bought CMDP, BBK 62 TB, Underdrive pulleys, 4:10 gears and SCT x4 and paid Lito for tune. So ran ok at first but once warmed had some idle issues. Told Manuel and he said numbers all looked good and maybe look for vacuum leak. 1/4-1/2 throttle to WOT throttle ran like this cars hasn’t since Uber owned it. But surging idle slowing down or just barely on it going 25-30 in neighborhood. Frustrating and couldn’t figure it out. TPS checked a dozen times. Unplugged battery and shorted leads out to reset and relearn. So after hours and hours I swapped BBK for stock TB. Same procedure with battery. And it runs like a champ. What gives? I emailed Manuel at Lito Tune and see what he says tomorrow. Any thoughts?

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I had some strange issues when I swapped a bbk tb on my 09 p71. I couldn’t figure it out and thought about how crappy they are but decided to check the tps voltage. After opening and closing the throttle the tps voltage would be different at closed throttle. Turned out to be a bad tps. I swapped it for a known good one and all has been well ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Belair

Reaction score
I bought through steeda with CMDP and SCT. I wonder if they’ll take back or exchange for another. I’ve seen mixed reviews on them. Good and bad. Nothing in middle.

07 Boss

Reaction score
They sell a 62 also. Hows that one?

That would be the one I would get. Or the 65mm one but that requires an adaptor. Why not use the stock one? There are little to no gains unless you are flowing huge air. I still run the stock 55mm and am at 485 rwhp. I don't feel it's much of a restriction.

Travis Belair

Reaction score
Maybe thinking more air in more air out. Less restrictive. Planning cams and more down the road. But it seems maybe the stock TB works well. I just bough the car. The kid before me had tons of issues. Loss of throttle, idle all over the place and other issues. I mentioned before FRPP handheld tuner was used and didn't sync to the car anymore. So thinking i replace some parts and get a proper tune(Lito) and maybe all will be well. So for the most part that was correct besides the BBK TB.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back