fuel relay blowing

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
I Was put a window switch for nitrous in my car today and after I tested it the solenoids wouldn't come turn on. I started checking wires and ended up grounds out a wire. Heard a pop and it ended up blowing fuse number 64. Replaced that and car still won't start. Turned out the fuel pump relay blew to. Put another relay in and blew again. The car will not turn the engine over unless I push the fuel reset on the driver side kick panel. Even then it doest crank but it will turn over. I undid all the wires for the window switch to rule all of that out. Any ideas or anyone had this happen before.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I Was put a window switch for nitrous in my car today and after I tested it the solenoids wouldn't come turn on. I started checking wires and ended up grounds out a wire. Heard a pop and it ended up blowing fuse number 64. Replaced that and car still won't start. Turned out the fuel pump relay blew to. Put another relay in and blew again. The car will not turn the engine over unless I push the fuel reset on the driver side kick panel. Even then it doest crank but it will turn over. I undid all the wires for the window switch to rule all of that out. Any ideas or anyone had this happen before.

Bad syntax. Do you mean it will turn over but not start? Cranking and turning over are the same thing.

The obvious idea is that too much current is being drawn. More than likely you grounded out a power wire. It shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Did you check for codes and clear them?

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
Motor will spin but not fire up. Found a blown fuse #64 then fixed that and nothing changed. Switched my fuel pump relay with my fog lamps to test relay and they wouldn't turn on. All fuses are good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back