Fuel's Winter Project: Build It Before It Blows

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
ID1300s on the way. That is the last big piece of the puzzle. Should be running in a week or two now!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Took all day yesterday and half the day today off of working on the car, but did still manage to get a good bit of work done. Here are a few pics of how hotside ended up. Also where the car stands at the end of this weekend. Shouldn't be too hard to get the first startup this coming weekend.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Got my ID1300s in today after having to have them overnighted to get them by the weekend. Spent the evening installing the fuel injectors, running vac lines to the regulators, wastegates, and Bob only to find out I need one more t. Installed the inner fender covers and noticed a small drip on the lower radiator hose. It is on a fitting I made into the lower hose for the return from the turbo. I will have to fix that and then make about 4 wire connections for the fuel system and it will be ready to go. Its funny how you can think you have an hour of work left, then 4 hours later you quit for the night and make your list for tomorrow.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
It is vht paint that I used on a few things that is curing, lol

Bad part is the car is apart again now. Sent Manuel a log and it showed that the engine was getting unmetered air post tb somehow. It was enough that it wouldn't allow it to idle. Pulled the intake and believe the issue to be the gaskets between the delete plates and the manifold.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also had issues with the jpc gaskets leaking, they sell them by themselves for like $30 iirc, my intake is currently rtv'd on lol

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I made new gaskets for the intake and got it back on. Loaded a new tune and still having the same issue. Took the car to a local shop yesterday after work to get a smoke test done to find any other leaks. Didn't find any more leaks so I got another tb coming. The tb on it now was completely disassembled and is using electronics off of a different tb. No part of this tb is from the first engine. Manuel suggested we try a different one so that is where I am currently, waiting for it to get here.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Bought a different OEM TB. Got it today and bolted it on right away. Car fired on the second crank where it was taking 6-7cranks to get it started. After it started it settled right down to an idle. I can also bump the throttle and as soon as I let off it will come right back to the demanded idle rpm. 99.9% sure the TB fixed it right up.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe how many times I have been asked that Bruce lol.

It will be done after this other than some suspension upgrades here and there to handle the power.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Have been doing a few logs here and there. Car seems to be running well. I would be out making more logs, but my tuning laptop decided to brick on me now. I managed to get it to work just long enough to get all my files on a flash drive. Picked up a new laptop today, and am getting it setup. There went another $200 I didn't plan on again.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back