Go figure, not even first oil change and someone hits me.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
He likely got wind that you called his negligent ass out for improper towing. He probably drug the shit out of your car to the dealership making sure to hit every pot-hole and bump he could find.

Tow-truck people are the "white collar" of the salvage industry... white trash that is...

It was done on the way to storage (I know because I had to drive to the storage lot on the weekend to pick up my license). I called USAA first thing monday morning to arrange for the vehicle to be towed properly from storage to the dealership and the lot themselves hauled it on a flatbed. That other stuff was done before I complained about the improper towing.

I'm hoping that you're correct as well with USAA, I haven't talked to my actual claim agent yet but I did send USAA an entire run-down online and put pictures from the accident and after the tow in there and explained the entire situation. I should have my appraisal today on how much damage is done. I will probably call a couple dealerships and give them the scenario of how much damage was done and ask them how much in their opinion would they give for a car like that unwrecked and then one that had had xxx amount of damage from a wreck and been repaired. Any car dealership guys on here that would have a guess lol? Trying to find out how much diminished value I may have.

Last edited:

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Well, reading this thread just pissed me the hell off.

LOL, sorry BigSkyGt. I'm sure you can imagine my frustration. I'll keep applying pressure until i'm happy! If nothing else i'm very persistent.

foxxxtman

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got the estimate back yesterday, assuming they don't find anything additional while fixing it it's up to $4300, I actually figured it would be more expensive than that. No frame damage, airbags didn't deploy or anything, wonder if it will do much at all to resale value? Transmission still hasn't been tested that I'm aware of, will probably happen when they get it back together.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back