Going for a stock bottom end 3v nitrous record sat....

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Trying again tomorrow guys.....may the force be with me !

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the plans for the next motor in case something lets go? Good luck man hope it all works out.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Whats the plans for the next motor in case something lets go? Good luck man hope it all works out.
SHHHHH ! don't talk like that.... its only on a 150 shot. Only thing different is im going to try this short belt trick I read about on here. I expect to gain .05 with which will put me almost spot on the number I want to me :boobies:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
not quite a record setting day but still got a new pb on nitrous and off nitrous. Only made 2 nitrous passes, shake down was a 7.0 and next pass was a 6.90 with a 1.43 60'. New best n/a was 8.15 @ 88.3. will post pic's/ vids when I get them ! Oh and still didn't try the short belt !

Last edited:

tehdixie

the empire business
Reaction score
Nice times. Short belts do nothing on these cars, btw.

Dyno proven to add zero power.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
The main differences in 06tyrfryr's car and mine are: he had cams and a stall, neither of which have at this time. Also he is on more nitrous than I am as he was on a .83 jet and Im on a .62 jet. And from what I see its possible he had heads as well.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
that's freaking nuts, is his motor built or he just using a very good fuel to help out.
he is calling that .83 jet a 175 but even nitrous outlet lists that as a 225. He has a h/c stock short block 3v. Have read posts saying it was on a stock fuel system as well......I don't see how:idea:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
^meee too....on a side note it will be a while before I run the car again as I have some issues beginning to come on with the stock converter staying locked in hi gear....it now likes to lock and unlock lock and unlock. Im on the hunt for a used multi disc in the 2800-3200 rpm stall range.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you are on the n20 at the line. With the converter change will you have to back off your hit to later rpms? Just wondering if that will hurt the dig you have now.

Hope to have the n20 installed on this in a few weeks but no record hunting for me..lol

Good luck

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back