Good Shop - Alabama

zinc02gt

Reaction score
Basically I'm stuck in a rut.. The only shop in town that does differentials wants $650 to install 3.73's that's with me providing EVERYTHING they need. I told them they were out of their mind and it should be half that.

So I ask this now....

I'm looking for a good shop that can do a differential CORRECTLY (I swear if I have gear whine) within 150 miles of Enterprise, AL. Basically, from Atlanta to roughly Savannah, GA to Tallahassee, FL.

I don't mind driving a bit to get the job done correctly and I refuse to pay $650 for a $3-400 job.

I was providing this....

Rear End Installation and Bearing Kit - 8.8in (86-12 V8; 11-12 V6)
Ford Racing Traction - LOK Rebuild Kit w/ Carbon Discs - 8.8in (86-12 V8; 11 V6)
Rear Gear Pinion Bearing - 8.8in (10-12 V8; 11-12 V6)
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears (11-12 GT)

and they still wanted $650.

I understand my car is new and that I shouldn't need the rebuild kit and all, but my entire view on things like this is to do it right the first time and not have to worry about it later on.

Any help?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
They don't want your business and they obviously don't have anyone who is comfortable doing the job. Keep looking, you'll find a qualified tech in good time.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Check out 4x4 and offroad places. Any place that works on Jeeps will have someone who has experience with gears.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Do you live in Enterprise?

Lee's Automotive in Montgomery does great work. They work on tons of Mustangs/hot rods

Last edited:

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Do you live in Enterprise?

Lee's Automotive in Montgomery does great work. They work on tons of Mustangs/hot rods

Second that on Lee's Automotive. I had 4.10 gears installed in my Stang for right around $300. This is not including the gears, bearing kit and oil. I provided this to them for the install.

Do great work with zero problems from it, worth checking out. Only thing with them is they are kinda busy and require an appointment and it might take a couple days to do the work.

zinc02gt

Reaction score
Second that on Lee's Automotive. I had 4.10 gears installed in my Stang for right around $300. This is not including the gears, bearing kit and oil. I provided this to them for the install.

Do great work with zero problems from it, worth checking out. Only thing with them is they are kinda busy and require an appointment and it might take a couple days to do the work.

Good deal. It's not an urgent thing at the moment. I've got some shocks/struts to take care of first then the gears will come, but it will probably be in the next 2-4 weeks or so.

Is it in Wetumpka or Montomgery? The only Lee's Auto Repair I'm getting is in Wetumpka, but reviews on there seem to fit the build.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-43125259-lee-s-auto-repair-incorporated-wetumpka

Last edited:

zachcrosen

forum member
Reaction score
There is a guy (Lee) or QWKSNKE on streetstangs.net in the anniston / oxford area that did mine on 2 cars for $200 each over the past 4 years. Great guy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in north al about 2 hrs from Bham I can do them for 250.00 that includes royal purple lube. You provide the install kit or I can and include it additional. I have done more sets than I have hairs on my ass lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back