Got my pioneer 3300!

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
ae6b4b3c-7d0a-a4f8.jpg
Here's
a pic out of the box I have an iphone4 so I can play pandora through it hoping to have my buddy install it this weekend will post up pics after install anyone have any user tips or tricks ? This is my first unto like this

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
What OEM stereo do you have (500/1000)?

Solder your connections on your wires. The $10 Metra wiring harness works great, dont forget the 5v power chip.

PUNISHERSTANG

Patrolman
Reaction score
i just installed my 2300 and the wiring is the same so this is what you will need-

metra wiring kit - 70-5521
radio shack 5v regulator - LM7805
regular 12 volt relay (optional if you want to bypass the parking brake on dvd feature)
some extra wire
soldering iron and heat shrink

basically the wiring harness is color coded and most wires match up. there are like 5 mute wires that i didnt end up using as well as the reverse signal and some other random wires. basically you wire up all the speaker wires, the constant and switched power, and the blue output wire.
this video will explain the relay wiring better than i can and is what i used exactly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGZEZrUdRo

the 5 volt regulator has a diagram on the back showing the input, ground and output
VoltageRegulatorhookup.gif

basically the blue wire from the head unit goes to the input, obviously ground the ground terminal, and the output goes to both blue wires on the small harness with the rca plugs. some people say you need y adapter for the rca if your using the shaker 500 but i plugged mine in without it and it works fine. the regulator is pretty small so dont get huge wire to solder it.

Back