GT 500 Slave Cylinder DR3Z-7A508-A

SidneyGT

Reaction score
Saw a post (not here) regarding the installation of a GT 500 Slave Cylinder DR3Z-7A508-A in a GT with the 3650 transmission. Claimed it eliminated the 2-3 miss shift. Search around and cant find anything that would support this.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did it. It does help. The gt500 is slightly bigger in dia so it moves more fluid. It's a pain to change though.

SidneyGT

Reaction score
What do you mean by "pain to change". I'm going to need a new clutch soon, so I thought it would be a good time to make any other upgrades.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry my mistake. The slave cylinders are the same. It's the GT500 MASTER cylinder that is slightly bigger and will make the slave cylinder move a slight bit more which will better disengage the clutch and make shifting a bit better.

The master cylinder is a pain because you have to take the clutch pedal out to change it.

If you're 20 and flexible, it's less of a pain. At 50 and stiff, it gets very old working under the dash.

SidneyGT

Reaction score
That makes sense that its the clutch master not the slave. The slave has a different part number on the GT 500. My guess is because the input shaft on the 6060 should be larger than the 3650.

Thanks for clearing that up Racer47.

jdlatil

Twin Srew Driver
Reaction score
The slave Cylinder sometimes referred d to as throw out bearing on older car,
Is same on Gt Mustang and Gt 500.
The clutch master cylinder is what is different on GT 500.
The part number for 2013 Gt 500 is DR3Z-7A543-A that work great in Gt Mustang.

I have new one in box if anyone is interested. Very hard item to find maynot be making them anymore.
PM me if interested.

upload_2022-4-18_18-30-16.jpeg

Olerodder

Reaction score
On my 2014 PP GT I used the stand-alone2014 Mustang5.jpg reservoir for the clutch, since the brakes and clutch are both feed off the same master reservoir and during canyon carving and using the Brembo's constantly a l would lose the clutch. After installing the second reservoir for the clutch only I didn't have any further issues with the clutch.

mattjames

Reaction score
I think there's a confusion on what's the slave and master cylinders. Master is at the pedal, slave is at the trrans

brasil

Reaction score
@ Racer47 .... does it mean, that I can use the "old /OEM slave cylinder with the GT 500 Master Cylinder with no further modifications.. ? If so... it sounds like a "well worth the pain" upgrade....

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
@ Racer47 .... does it mean, that I can use the "old /OEM slave cylinder with the GT 500 Master Cylinder with no further modifications.. ? If so... it sounds like a "well worth the pain" upgrade....

Yes, you can change the master cylinder and still use the stock slave cylinder. It's not a big difference but it is a step in the right direction for better clutch disengagement and therefore better shifting.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back