H.I.D Install Write-Up?? Or Tips??

MattP343

forum member
Reaction score
As the title infers, I am going to be doing my HID install tomorrow and was wondering if there were any Write-Ups or How-Tos that I could follow and use for reference.

In addition, any advice would be greatly appreciated as well.

I went with the 6000K HID Kit, so I will post pictures up ASAP (Sister is a professional photographer, so hopefully SHE can get some good ones)

MSgt46270

Reaction score
It's pretty simple to install. I just installed a new harness yesterday. Took me about 15 minutes and that was taking my time.

If anyone is looking for a great place to buy HID conversion system, check out Driven Motoring Concepts.

SCAN0125SmallSmall.jpg

MSgt46270

Reaction score
No I didn't. What kit do you have? This is the type that I have.

New4.jpg

06roush

forum member
Reaction score
I want HIDs soo badly but i have wayyy to many lights... lol

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry man.. this isn't Taco Bill haven. We usually have stuff installed in a 3rd of the time it takes for the write up to be done.

Seriously, it's not rocket science. Most of the kits now days are damn near plug and play.

And you made the right bulb choice. I originally went with a 4300k kit, after a few weeks I changed for the 6000k kit.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
It's pretty simple to install. I just installed a new harness yesterday. Took me about 15 minutes and that was taking my time.

If anyone is looking for a great place to buy HID conversion system, check out Driven Motoring Concepts.

Forgive my ignorance but can this be right? A complete HID conversion kit for the H13/9008 lighting system for our 05+ GTs for $249?? No need to replace the headlamp housings?

I was under the impression all HID conversion kits required new headlamp housings. I have been looking for a HID conversion for my 05 GT with the GT 500 front fascia and headlamp housings. Does everyone recommend the 6000K system?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would have to go to the website to look (visionbulbs.com with discount code of E46FANDSCT ) but I am pretty sure I paid less than that also for a Bi-Xenon conversion kit

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I would have to go to the website to look (visionbulbs.com with discount code of E46FANDSCT ) but I am pretty sure I paid less than that also for a Bi-Xenon conversion kit
So I take it these kits do not require the headlamp housings to be changed?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why would they?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
05 and 06 headlinght housings had a reflector. I am basing on those ;)

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Alright I'm confused - please be patient.......

On both of my 05 & 06 GTs, there is not a reflector in front of the bulb. The 2007 GT 500 headlamp housings I'm using on my 05 GT 500 clone does not have a reflector in front of the bulb.

The only vehicles I have seen with reflectors in front of the bulbs are the 2008 GT and GT 500s with factory HIDs.

Are you saying these HID conversion kits will work with the OEM 2005 - 2007 GTs & 2007 GT 500s that were NOT originally equipped with HIDs?

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have researched a lot and to work properly the hid's do need to have that reflector, kinda like a projector. I believe saleen sells the actual conversion with new housings for a pretty penny. I heard somewhere u can find them for 599 but I have not seen it. Those bulbs above are hids and replace the stock bulbs. Im sure they are low beam only and wont work nearly as well as a proper hid housing. (not trying to ruffle any feathers here):beer:

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought my kit off Ebay - the VVME kit I think from flashplus. It is a Bi-Xenon 4300K setp with the dual ballasts just as pictured above. I had to splice the wires into the headlight switch with connectors, mount the ballasts, replace the bulbs, and connect everything. Took me a couple hours to do but there are a lot of wires and I took my bumper cover off for easier access and to mount the ballasts in an area they would get good airflow.

120307.jpg

bumperdelete.jpg

121007002.jpg

121007005.jpg

And one of my all time favorites:
poster85185039.jpg

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
I have researched a lot and to work properly the hid's do need to have that reflector, kinda like a projector. I believe saleen sells the actual conversion with new housings for a pretty penny. I heard somewhere u can find them for 599 but I have not seen it. Those bulbs above are hids and replace the stock bulbs. Im sure they are low beam only and wont work nearly as well as a proper hid housing. (not trying to ruffle any feathers here):beer:

That was my understanding as well. I have not found anyone that offers a kit for a 2007 GT 500 headlamp housing. That's why I was interested in these HID kits.

Embalmer

Amateur Expert
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright I'm confused - please be patient.......

On both of my 05 & 06 GTs, there is not a reflector in front of the bulb. The 2007 GT 500 headlamp housings I'm using on my 05 GT 500 clone does not have a reflector in front of the bulb.

The only vehicles I have seen with reflectors in front of the bulbs are the 2008 GT and GT 500s with factory HIDs.

Are you saying these HID conversion kits will work with the OEM 2005 - 2007 GTs & 2007 GT 500s that were NOT originally equipped with HIDs?

The part you're referring to isn't a reflector as much as a "shade. Without that part, the tip of the very bright bulb is visible to oncoming cars, and they will flash you. Thing is, you're not using your high beams, so the light isn't shining in their eyes, it's just very bright so they think you have your high beams on.

cobraT

Reaction score
Checkout Stangmods.com. Great kit! Complete plug and play better design on the ballasts. I got the 8000K. No taking off the front cover!!

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
i got apexcone hid's for like 250 a pair. 6000k 55 watt (regular hids are 35w). Stock housings. Theyre so perfect, but I have no hi beams.
I mounted a ballast in front of each shock tower and 2 on the radiator support behind the grill. I used rivets.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back