Had some work done to the Bullitt

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Not quite finished yet, but nearly there now. Going to need another trip to the paint shop and some trim work, but I am pretty pumped on how it turned out. I will get some better shots when the look is more complete.

For now, some quick S4 pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CS Front1.JPG
    CS Front1.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 1,315
  • Hood.JPG
    Hood.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Holy SH** that is hot, and I love the hood as I had that same idea. Is that a tru carbon A45?

Love the CS bumpers F&R, so clean.. you should look at the silver horse racing lower grill honeycomb insert, really finishes teh front end in my opinion.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I love the hood! Not a big fan of the carbon fiber but the hood itself looks fantastic. Also agree with Shotokan about the lower grill inserts.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Man I so wish I bought the bullit version, I love that color!

Btw some pics are upside down...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Love it. Not a fan of the headlight splitters, but I am quite fond of the GT/CS bumpers, one of the better mods I did to my Bullitt.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
OP,

I have not posted on here in awhile but just saw this Thread of your's and decided I wanted to.

Man it all looks Awesome :beerchug2:

I see you did like my C/S fascias.

attachment.php

Nice going Buddy,
Terry

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the great compliments. I figured some of the Bullitt guys would not like my mods, but I just wanted a Bullitt that as even more different. As rare as these cars are, I seem to see them a lot. My car started out as a modded Bullitt.... so I just wanted to do what Steve did... take the Bullitt and make it tougher. I have more mods planned that some will probably not like, but the goal is to keep the general look of the car in the spirit while still being different.

Yes, this is the A45 Trucarbon hood. Took some serious pains for me to actually paint it... cause this is my first "real" car. Leaving the carbon unpainted was a seriously long decision for me, but I am glad I did it. Flows with the other gray components in the front.

Thanks Cam and Terry... you guys both know I have been working on this back and forth for quite a while. Thanks for your input! Splitters were put back on so I could try something to see how it looks. I am back and forth about them, but hoping one of my future mods will improve them.

********BTW******* For those who do not know... the Truecarbon Trufiber A45 hood IS NOT carbon fiber on the bottom side of the hood. It is painted gloss black. Just so everyone knows.

Last edited:

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the great compliments. I figured some of the Bullitt guys would not like my mods, but I just wanted a Bullitt that as even more different. As rare as these cars are, I seem to see them a lot. My car started out as a modded Bullitt.... so I just wanted to do what Steve did... take the Bullitt and make it tougher. I have more mods planned that some will probably not like, but the goal is to keep the general look of the car in the spirit while still being different.

Yes, this is the A45 Trucarbon hood. Took some serious pains for me to actually paint it... cause this is my first "real" car. Leaving the carbon unpainted was a seriously long decision for me, but I am glad I did it. Flows with the other gray components in the front.

Thanks Cam and Terry... you guys both know I have been working on this back and forth for quite a while. Thanks for your input! Splitters were put back on so I could try something to see how it looks. I am back and forth about them, but hoping one of my future mods will improve them.

********BTW******* For those who do not know... the Truecarbon Trufiber A45 hood IS NOT carbon fiber on the bottom side of the hood. It is painted gloss black. Just so everyone knows.

Oh before I forget I luv the new hood !!!
That looks fantastic. :drool:

attachment.php

Terry

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score

Is it taller than a stock hood, some pics it seems same as stock, others appear to have some extra cowl height?

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Is it taller than a stock hood, some pics it seems same as stock, others appear to have some extra cowl height?

Definitely. That's what I liked about it most, though.... it's not as obvious, but way more aggressive in person. Also depends on the angle like you said. When you compare the two in pictures side by side, the difference is quite a bit. Plus I think the trees behind the car in the pictures above mask the height a little.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great, don't sweat the "purist" over modding "YOUR" car. I know I caught some flack over the mods to my 01 Bullitt, but it was mine....

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
great looking car. do you have any pictures from both a straight on shot from the nose of the car, and a profile picture of the car? im always going back and fourth about doing any sort of cosmetic changes with my car. ive done a few here and there, what you have done is really nice. have you considered tinting your oem headlights?

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
I looked up that hood on Trucarbon's website. Is this your car pictured?
http://www.trucarbon.net/2005_2009_Mustang_A45_Hood_V6_GT_p/tc10024-a45.htm

One thing that bothers me is that they claim hood pins are required on all of their hoods. I really don't care for the look or hassle.

I agree. I will not be running the through the hood pins.... if any at all, I will be using the Western Motorsports hidden.

No, that's Bobby, a member on IMBOC.

Yup.

great looking car. do you have any pictures from both a straight on shot from the nose of the car, and a profile picture of the car? im always going back and fourth about doing any sort of cosmetic changes with my car. ive done a few here and there, what you have done is really nice. have you considered tinting your oem headlights?

Not yet, but I can work on that for you. I have to wait for some good weather and timing.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back