Half of an install?

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
My Novi 2200sl is finally on the way, but won't arrive from Ca. Until Monday afternoon. My question is, would it be advisable to go ahead and install the BAP, colder plugs, 39# injectors, AND the "supercharger tune" THIS weekend and drive it until the power adder install the following weekend? Will this cause problems? Acceptable way to break-up the install, or bad idea?

Thanks,
Bill

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
Bill, I'm questioning if you should do the install yourself.
Boost a pump will increase fuel pressure, injectors will dump more fuel, and the tune will be expecting to have boost and ad more fuel, the plugs are just colder.
It will run like shit.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I put in my fuel pump upgrade from S&H and ran it on my previous setup and it seemed to run fine, Dunno if its the same for a BaP or itll manage to down-power the pump to keep 39 ish PSI.

But yea Injectors, sparkplugs, tune, just save them for the actual event.

You could break the stock plugs loose and make sure you wont have any trouble the weekend of swapping them

07 Boss

Reaction score
And I am also concerned that maybe this install is a little above your head. Not trying to sound condescending or anything but just concerned about not effin up your car.

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
You can do everything but load the tune and drive it.

That's really all I was looking for. I know the question sounded like a bone-headed one, but I am being impatient and just looking to maximize my time off. I wasn't talking about drag racing the thing, just moving in and out of garage. I got exactly what I was looking for here, knowledgable honest responses. Thanks! As far as this being over my head, I promise I can manage. My time spent wrenching on cars was always on carbureted engines. The one thing I wasn't clear on, I just threw out there as a hypothetical. You can't stop me!! I'll create a build thread and you all can either cheer me on, offer advice, or watch a SPECTACULAR failure. cheers! :pepper:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ok. Wasnt sure with just that little snapshot of who you are. Have fun.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
start by putting some penetrating oil on the plugs for now and let that sit through a few heat cycles

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I did pretty much the same thing with my build last year, had full return style fuel system installed including 100 lb injectors, etc. but no SC head unit for the first few weeks and it all worked fine. As long as you have the proper tune it will be fine, it will be a slow turd, but still be able to drive around. Lito hooked me up with a tune for that at the time.

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
It took me longer than expected on my non intercooled setup to install and I'm glad I took the extra time, especially on removing factory parts. Here and there worked for me.
I'd recommend the deep creep penetrant for the plugs, used hardly any on mine.
Certain areas of the install guide are lacking for some.

Gl man, take your time and save $ not breaking the OEM parts.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
No reason you can't leave the head unit off, car will run fine. I'd say the MAF/etc.. will be off a bit but it will drive as though you're just cruising at part throttle out of boost.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
For sparkplugs I used atf/acetone in a 50/50 mix.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back