Hard water. What do you do?

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
Ok, so we have really hard water in this area, spots everything. Do you use filtered water, filter the hose water or?

Oh, and any ideas for getting rid of a neighbors cat?

John@Lethal

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, so we have really hard water in this area, spots everything. Do you use filtered water, filter the hose water or?

Oh, and any ideas for getting rid of a neighbors cat?

A carbon based filter should take care of the water spots. Depending on how hard your water is, the filter may need to be replaced often.

You want to take care of that soon, if your car has water spots, get them removed before they're etched into the paint. A chemical based cleaner like Klasse All-in-One might be an easy solution by hand for some spots that are on there now. If they are etched into the clear, they may need to be machine polished.

If you want to try the Klasse out by hand, give me a call. I have it in stock and you can take advantage of the forum discount. Thanks! Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions or call us at 877-2LETHAL :beer:

Blank

forum member
Reaction score
i wash/dry my car one section at a time. (fender,doorfender hood,fender, ETC). seems to work for me. PIA but worth the results.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
You need a zeolite based water softener. It's specifically designed to remove all minerals. Got one and is absolutely perfect. It's kinda what I do for a living(well driller) so I know a thing or two about a thing or two lol.

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's basically the same thing. Municipalities use them as well. I have one installed in my house as a whole house filter cause my public water is hard as shit. Zeolite works as ion exchange and works great. Activated carbon works...sort of...but it has a real low flow rate meaning even though u may be pushing 10 gallons per minute thru it, it is really only treating two properly.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah it's basically the same thing. Municipalities use them as well. I have one installed in my house as a whole house filter cause my public water is hard as shit. Zeolite works as ion exchange and works great.

Thanks...I have a 30 ga. tank from our old EDM machine, it is a "DI" resin system, "detrimental ion". Same thing as the Mr. clean device, spot free rinse.
never used it because it's so heavy to shuffle around.

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
That would be the ticket to use the DI resin system.

Yea, I need to get some kind of cart for it so it can be moved around.
There is a guy who uses the same one (e.d.m. biz) and he noted it creates
an almost instant rust on the rotors. Obviously that rust is way thinner than paper, but we dunno why it does that?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Hmm... Wonder if it's a reaction to the loose iron deposits. I wonder what would happen if he cleaned the rotor with a product like Sonax FE, straight water rinsed, and than a finish rinse with the DI.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Wash the car in the shade. Use an electric leaf blower with 240mph wind speeds to get the majority of the water off the car. Use a good drying towel to touch up the rest.

Then, hard water doesn't matter.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Hm. We have hard water. I too mostly just wash part of the car at a time, get the excess water off, and dry it with soft towels to keep it from spotting.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Keith, I'd rep you for that post if I could. Thank you! I'm off to CVS to buy a bottle of Tylenol.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Keith, I'd rep you for that post if I could. Thank you! I'm off to CVS to buy a bottle of Tylenol.

There is nothing right about that bullshit. No need to kill them. Find another means to get rid of them that doesn't involve killing them. That Tylenol bullshit makes a cat die a horrible, painful, long lasting spiral to death. I see anyone doing that shit and I'll report them to the police for animal cruelty.

I don't like cats one damned bit. I hate them. I'm allergic to them and I detest it when they leave their fucking paw prints all over our truck. But there's nothing right about killing them through torture.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back