Headed to New York

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Damn I wish I would have seen them. Normal pirice is $100 per person. Hopefully he will cut me a deal, if not then it sounds like I'll just have to bite the bullet.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
cool!

you guys will have a blast, it's such a great city, I'm missing it.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Good to hear man. I'm sure you both will enjoy the tour. New York is really a culture shock and I wish I could go back already also.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You still out of town Dave?

I'm sure it will be somewhat of a culture shock to me.

yea, I was supposed to be transplanted for 3 months for construction, I expected to be back this week in NYC. Last week, I'm told not until end of October, they need the space to move bodies around. The commute is way better, but it's so damn dead out here.... :thud:

just be mindful not to stop in the middle of the sidewalk to look around, move to side near the buildings, that always makes me nuts when I'm walking around the city!

it's a very fast moving place - the people are generally nice IMO and not like what is portrayed in the movies

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm ready to see what the buzz is all about. Im more excited about the game than anything else. I know my wife will enjoy all the site seeing and what not.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
yea, I was supposed to be transplanted for 3 months for construction, I expected to be back this week in NYC. Last week, I'm told not until end of October, they need the space to move bodies around. The commute is way better, but it's so damn dead out here.... :thud:

just be mindful not to stop in the middle of the sidewalk to look around, move to side near the buildings, that always makes me nuts when I'm walking around the city!

it's a very fast moving place - the people are generally nice IMO and not like what is portrayed in the movies

That's cool. We pretty much have our trip planned out. We will be at the ball park all day on Monday, and this is why I booked the tour as well. I want to learn about the city more so than just walking around looking at buildings. Anyone can do that.

I'm a big history buff, so hopefully this will make the tour enjoyable for me.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to see what the buzz is all about. Im more excited about the game than anything else. I know my wife will enjoy all the site seeing and what not.

That's cool. We pretty much have our trip planned out. We will be at the ball park all day on Monday, and this is why I booked the tour as well. I want to learn about the city more so than just walking around looking at buildings. Anyone can do that.

I'm a big history buff, so hopefully this will make the tour enjoyable for me.

if I didn't say so before, take here CCs away! 5th ave from about 54th street up is a very pricey area for shopping, all the high end shops are there. Tiffany, Bulgari, Harry Winston, Coach, Armani, Saks, Gucci, Diesel, Prada, Piget... you get the idea....

def a lot of history there - where did you end up booking a hotel?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
if I didn't say so before, take here CCs away! 5th ave from about 54th street up is a very pricey area for shopping, all the high end shops are there. Tiffany, Bulgari, Harry Winston, Coach, Armani, Saks, Gucci, Diesel, Prada, Piget... you get the idea....

def a lot of history there - where did you end up booking a hotel?

She has some of her own money saved up that she can spend it on whatever she wants.....lol I don't care about all the shopping, this is why I'm trying to book as many things as I can. Fuck all that.

We are staying at the New Yorker.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
ahh, near Penn and MSG, also not far from the Empire State Building.

that's a good location to travel around the city from, you are just a few blocks from several subway lines (A, E, C, D, V,Q, 1, 2,3, & 9)

if you want I'll PM you my cell so if you have a travel question you can hit me up

have you made any dinner plans?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Definitely move to the side of the sidewalk when you stop for anything!!! I'm don't even live there all the time and it bugged the shit out of me how many damn tourists there are stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures or look at maps.

He's not kidding about the high end shopping haha. That whole damn side of the city is nothing but crazy high end shopping. I'm glad my fiancé isn't crazy about all that higher end stuff. We walked into the Macy's which is ridiculously big. Made it about 10 min before we both were saying the hell with this, we weren't looking around at all the floors they have haha.

Yankee game will be cool man. Like I had said before, if we were there 1-2 more days I would have gone to a game also. Nothing like sitting in a stadium watching a game.

You can spend a lot of time just at central park alone. It's HUGE and a relaxing/quiet getaway from the city. You'll learn about it from Fred.

We spent a few hours walking around ground zero and it's surroundings after we did the ground zero memorial tour. Buy tickets online and print them out to avoid lines man. Book a time online also. IMO best time to go is later in the afternoon right before the sun sets. Not sure what time they close it but it's nice to see it when it starts getting dark.

Same thing for statue of liberty tour. Buy tickets online and go there early to avoid the big rush. We were one of the first people to head over that day. Hope it's open now for you guys to go up inside it. It was closed for remodel when we went but still got to walk up to it when we got off at the island.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
ahh, near Penn and MSG, also not far from the Empire State Building.

that's a good location to travel around the city from, you are just a few blocks from several subway lines (A, E, C, D, V,Q, 1, 2,3, & 9)

if you want I'll PM you my cell so if you have a travel question you can hit me up

have you made any dinner plans?

Everyone I talked to said it was a good location. I was to worried about the $$$$ part of it, I just want to be in a safe area for my wife.

Its good to hear about the subway lines. That's how we will go to and from the stadium.

Shoot me a PM. Ill store it in my phone in case I need something. Hopefully not, but who knows.

Have not made any dinner plans. I left this up to my wife, and I'm sure she hasn't done anything about it. We will probably just wing it.

Definitely move to the side of the sidewalk when you stop for anything!!! I'm don't even live there all the time and it bugged the shit out of me how many damn tourists there are stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures or look at maps.

He's not kidding about the high end shopping haha. That whole damn side of the city is nothing but crazy high end shopping. I'm glad my fiancé isn't crazy about all that higher end stuff. We walked into the Macy's which is ridiculously big. Made it about 10 min before we both were saying the hell with this, we weren't looking around at all the floors they have haha.

Yankee game will be cool man. Like I had said before, if we were there 1-2 more days I would have gone to a game also. Nothing like sitting in a stadium watching a game.

You can spend a lot of time just at central park alone. It's HUGE and a relaxing/quiet getaway from the city. You'll learn about it from Fred.

We spent a few hours walking around ground zero and it's surroundings after we did the ground zero memorial tour. Buy tickets online and print them out to avoid lines man. Book a time online also. IMO best time to go is later in the afternoon right before the sun sets. Not sure what time they close it but it's nice to see it when it starts getting dark.

Same thing for statue of liberty tour. Buy tickets online and go there early to avoid the big rush. We were one of the first people to head over that day. Hope it's open now for you guys to go up inside it. It was closed for remodel when we went but still got to walk up to it when we got off at the island.

Im not one to stop and look at something unless I know exactly what it is im looking at. I can only imagine how busy the streets are.

This is why me and wife have 3 accounts. She has her fun money and I have mine. When bills need to be paid, that money comes from the joint account...lol I dont care what she spends her money on as long as all the bills are paid. I like stacking cash in the bank. I might need it one day.

Central park will be a must. For some reason I cant wait to check it out.

Did yall not go by ground zero during the tour with Fred?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
for dinner did you give your wife a list of places that were suggested here?

The better spots will be hard to get in to if you don't have reservations, however, if you're ok with chilling at the bar while waiting some of the spots will get you in (but be prepared to spend on the drinks :lol:)

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I wrote down everything here, and told her what was suggested by the locals. She looked at me and said "ok". Typical woman. Who knows, she might surprise me with something.

I do know I want to eat some bad ass pizza while im there. Im not leaving until I have a piece of pizza, and some cheese cake.

Are all these places that busy during the week? Im sure they are, but thought I should ask anyways.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
many of them are busy during the week, Friday and Saturday are busier, but the good places attract a lot of business people for dinner during the week. If you eat at an "off" hour you'll be more successful (early like 5:30 or late like 10)

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Good deal. Off hours will be fine with us, were on vacation so I wont be in a hurry to do anything. Pants and a button up ok, or are slacks needed?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
depends on the place, most you'll be fine with pants (some places would be no jeans) and a button up.

there are a few high end places that are jacket required, but not many.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not looking for that fancy of a place. I wouldn't mind a nice dinner, but I would like to wear my blue jeans, and a button up. I dont want to go to dinner dressed to the 9's in a 3 piece on my vacation....lmao

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
plenty of good places will be cool with jeans, some will want pants/slacks, I'd suggest to call and ask before you go.

you wouldn't need the 3 pc or even a suit, just slacks and a jacket, but again those places are few.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back