Headed to New York

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Carnegie deli had some GOOD ass cheesecake bud. We tried going around 11:30-noon but that was a bad idea as the line was out the door and down the street. Next Time we tried it around 3:30-4 and walked right in. Food was good there too and lots of famous people go eat there.

All that damn Yankee talk makes me want to go back to a dodger game soon. Might have to go to one next week.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Awesome. My wife had mentioned eating there. We might have to hit carnegie up after the tour on Tuesday.

My next trip will hopefully be to the west coast to check out the Yanks play somewhere. I have been to the west coast in 10 years.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Bad ass. What's the name of the deli that used to shown on the David letterman show? Not that I want to go there, just curious.

Also, my wife said something about going to see the jimmy falon show, has anyone ever been to taping?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
probably Carnegie Deli as the show tapes down the block from the restaurant.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lol alright. Well it looks like ill end up there after all then. Ill check out the other 2 you posted as well.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
10pm and I'm about 12 beers deep. Stopped by Lucy's on the way back from the empire state building. Pretty cool little place. Sitting on the roof top enjoying the nice weather.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Lucky!!! Have fun man. Post up some pics when you get a chance. What day did you book that your with Fred?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just got back to the hotel. I've had 2 hours of sleep within the past 24 hours. We are taking the tour on Tuesday, today is game day!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lots of great info on this thread. The wife and I are heading out tomorrow morning for 4 days in NY.

Going to try and get tickets to SNL. "They" say that they give some tickets away for free the morning of the show if they have any openings, but you have to get in line around 0630.

Also got tickets to see the Yankees on Wednesday, and plan on hitting the TKTS counter to see if we can get show tickets for cheap.

Thanks for all the good tips on here! Looking forward to hitting the Ginger Man and Carnegie Deli for sure. Got a few Groupon deals as well.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have fun. LMK if I can help in anyway.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was planning on staying comfortable and cool and wearing cargo shorts most of the week. Should I plan on bringing some slacks as well? We don't plan on eating out at the nice $100 a head restaurants, but what about broadway and other places?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I wore slacks, dress shirt and tie to the broadway show "Chicago" when we went. Just wanted to play the part haha

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If u want to hit any clubs I would bring slacks.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I didn't wear any slacks. Everytime we went out, I wore blue jeans and a button up with some nice shoes.

The ginger man was a cool place. Being in NYC during the week had its advantages. No wait for a table at any resturant depending on the time. We usually ate dinner around 5-530. Before the rush of people began.

We took the 4 train to the game. Leave a little early if you plan on riding the train to the game. We got on the 4 train around 3.15 from 60th and 3rd, it was asshole to elebow on that subway. We went into the hardrock and had 5 or 6 beers before the game started.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back